Over four weeks have gone by...

…and the exam feels like it was a lifetime ago. I have shopped, hung out with friends and family, partied like a monster in Vegas, and have completely forgotten about the exam. Every once in a while though, I remember the silly mistakes I made in the morning session (this is my second attepmt) and freak out. Then something fun comes along to push aside memories of the exam!

Wait til mid-August to cry :stuck_out_tongue:

The further from the exam I get the better I feel I did on it. This is a separation of reality and desire.

^Haha I agree with that. I don’t know why that is the case though.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The further from the exam I get the better I feel > I did on it. This is a separation of reality and > desire. same here…feeling more confident each day…question is whether the bubble will burst in August?

I hope it won’t for any of us :slight_smile:

opposite for me …the exam has faded but the silly mistakes i made linger on stongly…been having fun …played a lot of bball, hung out, got wasted, cooked, worked out, reading non financial material,

I believe someone posted the time line with respect to marking the exams. I think the first 2 weeks were just reconciling the exam papers and now they are mostly marking the level 1 & 2 exams. I believe in the 5th week is when they begin to mark the morning session of the level 3 exam.

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > opposite for me …the exam has faded but > the silly mistakes i made linger on > stongly…been having fun > …played a lot of bball, hung out, got wasted, > cooked, worked out, reading non financial > material, That’s me, except the cooking part.

I feel worse about it with every passing day.

big ML Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I feel worse about it with every passing day. +1, Have had a GREAT summer so far - but deep down def very, very anxious

I was confident going in. Felt confident on my performance in the morning. At lunch I literally thought to myself that I am 3 hours away from earning my charter. Then I got smacked in the face by the afternoon. I know many people were in the same boat about the am session vs. the pm session, but I think I am obsessing over it because whatever the case it will be close. I thought this had the possibility of being the first time I walked out of a CFA exam confident about my results, but it wasn’t to be. To comfort myself I have been just looking at the spreadsheet with the hours I logged and remembering that I scored higher on the practice exams than I had on any other level. Worst part about the lack of confidence right now is that I am going to start studying for Level II of the CAIA tomorrow. I would rather take it next March, but I may need that time to battle Level III again.

ML, I hear ya - I felt calm and collected after AM (unlike last year where I was wreck and couldn’t even finish all the questions) but doubtful after finishing the PM. Good luck with the CAIA - Hope you get through all of this stuff by the end of the year!

Thanks, dpak! I still remain hopeful that all of my studies will be done by 9/23/2011. CAIA feels like a cakewalk after the CFA.

I feel pretty much the same about AM and PM sessions :frowning:

I felt the other way round. PM made me calmer.