P90X or Insanity?

I wonder–did you do Insanity first? Whichever one you do first will probably burn more weight off if you’re overweight and out of shape when you begin.

nope, did p90x first…did Insanity just recently and lost my gut

One thing i want to stress is the importance of flexibility. When stretching, dont just go through the motions but put effort into the action. I’m not flexible at all but as i improve my range of motion, i notice my weight training improving and of course my sparring is better too.

Having said that, any recommendations to greatly improve flexibility. I’ve tried yoga (though to be honest just to look at girls while stretching as a perk) and i try to stretch twice a day (in the am and after workingout).

Just get yourself a personal trainer and save yourself the hassle

No one is going to argue you’ll lose the most weight with insanity. But I bet of the two, you are most likely going to gain it back with Insanity. I still think you should do the P90X route first and maybe mix Insanity in (people do this a lot. Google it). This is all about life style changes, not just what works the quickest the next month.

I said it once and I’ll say it again. Diet. If you want to lose fat, diet is 90% of the equation.

Agree. I go from about 10 degrees to 45 degrees after doing kegel for 20 minutes.

Another classic AF thread. A guy who is obese is going to just wake up tomorrow and “do P90x or Insanity.” I bet this fat tub of lard couldn’t run 1/4 of a mile in two minutes.

Learn how to eat properly (see my earler post). Gradually introduce physical activity. Once you have a baseline and can run two miles in a reasonable amount of time then worry about which one of these programs you are going to do.

Running is a waste of time if that’s your goal. you wanna get lean? Do boxing or some form of high intensity interval training.

crossfit

Says the guy whose signature is “Live, laugh, love”

So what are you going to do Greenie? No time to start like today!

This guy knows whats up. Must be cuz he is a Buddhist :slight_smile:

Agree. But as Blake and some other people have mentioned that a person should have reasonable stamina (endurance) before taking up any kind of exercise. I took up Muay Thai, and was out of my breath 5 minutes into training on first day. Very demoralizing. Now I’ve taken up cycling to develop some lungs capacity and endurance. Alternatively people can do swimming, running or some other physical activity.

If you are familiar with P90X, then you’ll know the type of exercises it focuses on lends itself well to the building up stamina. Insanity, on the other hand, does not.

Well, I actually did start today. Went for a jog this morning.

Well, it was partially a jog, and partially a walk. But if I keep doing it, I’ll eventually build up endurance.

Don’t misunderstand me–I spent five years in the Marines, so I know how to run a 5k (plus). But that was a long time ago. It’ll take a while to get back to that.

Walking is great too and often overlooked. Good luck!

^

so long as you are not walking with a bag of Lays or an ice cream cone…

sounds like you were in good shape at one point in your life. you’ll be surprised at how quickly it comes back. it’s like that show with all the fatties on it trying to lose weight. the former athletes always have the quickest turn around. part of it is that you already have the mental toughness to push through physical exhaustion, you just have to wake it up again. when i started doing p90x (particularly plyo), vivid memories of college pre season ‘hell week’ would rush back and i’d remember how i got through it mentally. I’m sure you’ve got some of those memories from the marines - use them to your advantage!

Haha true. That’s how I’ve been walking recently. Damn Mr,Softy on every corner!