Paper Test or Computer Test?

This question is for those who’ve already taken Level I. Is the whole test on paper? I’m asking because I will sit for L1 in June and all the info on CFA.com state “all test papers will be collected at the end of the morning and afternoon sessions”. Is this test really done all on paper?

is this an actual question? ok - who wants to be the first to give a smartass answer?

It’s a question because I’m not sure. I would appreciate an honest answer rather than a smart elic one.

All paper. Believe it or not.

its done on magical paper, which is then collected by a highly trained staff of elves and faries. they then wisk the papers off to the land of narnia, where the lion bitchslaps 2/3rds of the candidates for being dum-dums.

Jeff, I thought the CFAI had two options: 1) send the papers to a time long long ago in a galaxy far far away or 2)Put them on the Battle Star Galactica where those papers not destroiyed by the killer robots that look like people are those that get passing grades. No mention of Narnia at all but then again I did not read the rules very closely anyway

Battle Star Galactica? Seriously?

I think they decommissioned Battle Star Galactica at the same time they abolished essay questions for Level 2. All papers now go through the stargate, which is much quicker. Otherwise, it would take a year (instead of 1 to 3 months) to grade even level I papers, given the tremendous growth in the number of candidates. Of course, I may be wrong - it was a few years back when I read the FAQs, and I never had the patience to read the length, verbose stuff put out by the CFAI, including the candidate readings and exam questions. It was a miracle that I passed 3/3.

Thanks Zigy for the answer. I just wanted to know for sure. Of course I wish it was all on a computer like the Series 7 but oh well, I guess they will step into the 21st century sooner or later.

Battlestar Galactica papers all have their corners cut.

I thought I had a computer-based test… wait, did I sit for a wrong exam?

I had a computer-based test too, but I have the weird feeling that something went seriously wrong. When I was getting ready for the exam, I received a message that said: “ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.” What gives?!

you are all such pricks, the test is paper. I wonder if they will ever make it computer based though. but imagine setting up 6000 computers for a simulatenous test?

CFAMember2010, No problem. Good luck! >I wish it was all on a computer like the Series 7 but oh well, I guess they will step into the 21st century sooner or later. That’s what I felt every single year while I was in the program.

viktorv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you are all such pricks, actually i think my job title is something like “research analyst”…close, though

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > actually i think my job title is something like > “research analyst”…close, though so this is what i am studying to become !

viktorv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > actually i think my job title is something like > > “research analyst”…close, though > > > so this is what i am studying to become ! a prick?

by the sounds of it

lol!

lol multiple choice, number 2 pencil, scantron sheet