Parting thoughts - People here deserve a better forum

Hi guys, I have used this forum while studying for all the three levels. Though the group of people visiting the site is great, using this forum was a pain in the neck. This forum needs a technical upgrade badly. As far as visual/ edit capabilities are concerned this forum is the worst of all forums I have ever seen. The plain text format is so boaring and inefficient. Even very rudimentary forums have much more features than what we have here. Consider, for example, this forum : http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=196473 Imagine how efficient our discussions here will be with similar features. I think the owner of this site should seriously think about doing some investment in the site, instead of just milking the franchise with the third grade infrastructure. Otherwise, sooner or later, somebody will come up with a better equipped forum and the owner would end up with a dead forum. Cheers ! Malhar.

It would definitely be sick to be able to post working links, for instance. SICK!

Congrats on the pass Windjammer!

It would be really nice to have the ability to hover your curser over a post for a preview of the message without fully clicking on it.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It would be really nice to have the ability to > hover your curser over a post for a preview of the > message without fully clicking on it. I second that, it is painful to click into and then click back

Thanks, Bankin’.

To be able to post jpg because some solutions are better explained graphically plus some Econ and derivative graphs I have bee an open source developer for various forum since highschool so I definitely got more to say :slight_smile:

I have to put a stop to this! This forum is great with its plain and basic features for people viewing it at work. .

it worked for me the way it is… at some point it may have to become fee based if it were to have some of these upgrades. and judging by some of the posts i’ve seen popping up lately, i’m afraid of what allowing jpegs would do… i would think a spike in bans.

Did you guys see the new sticky on top about the server upgrade? That was quick.

<> I don’t know if you know how these forums operate. Don’t think that the owner of the site is doing any favor to us, they are making money through those ads of Stella and Kaplan. They have economic reasons to keep this site open. A fee based business model will be the nail in the coffin for this site. It doesn’t take much to open a new forum with good features. For example, take a look at this article which explains how to create your bulletin board (forum) : http://www.articlesbase.com/marketing-articles/create-your-own-forum-using-vbulletin-or-phpbb3-1097777.html The franchise value of this forum lies in the group of people that visit it.

I could open a competitive forum in ten minutes, but I won’t.