pass/fail

ok no words other than pass or fail. no conditions. Do you feel you passed or failed? Me: Passed

Failed, or borderline Pass

60/40 passed (though last time i thought this i failed so go figure)/

I pass if the “results are out” e-mail hits my mailbox between 11:37 and 11:38 am.

Unless you know you did well on the AM section, I think it’s a total tossup because who knows what all the others did on that section that aren’t on this board. Have no freakin idea, just putting that out of my head for now and hoping for the best.

I like how nobody followed your rule of no other words other than pass/fail.

I remember a thread that went up on L2 like that after the exam last year. I remember some pretty confident people on that thread who were VERY upset in the middle of August last year. For 65% of the exam writers, it’s too close to call. I’d rather not look like an @ss either way.

passed needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ok no words other than pass or fail. no > conditions. Do you feel you passed or failed? > > Me: Passed

Well, I have no idea. Considering how much I studied for this exam, I had hoped to walk out of it feeling better. In the AM I got delayed by a question and I was chasing points the rest of the way. But it’s apparent that tons of us (native English speakers no less) were all in the same boat. I have no idea how even a talented finance guy in Shanghai, with intermediate English, could kick ass on that morning exam. There wasn’t enough time.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I remember a thread that went up on L2 like that > after the exam last year. I remember some pretty > confident people on that thread who were VERY > upset in the middle of August last year. > For 65% of the exam writers, it’s too close to > call. > I’d rather not look like an @ss either way. I totally realize that I could very well have failed. I dont care. I just want the gut feeling.

Sorry needhelp. I didn’t mean to single anyone out with my comments. Now that I read it, it kinda looks that way. I was just trying to make more of a point as to how I thought others felt. Everyone to their own, and good on you for being confident. If you are feeling that way right now, I like your odds.

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Failed, or borderline Pass +1

No problem BB. For the record, for L2 i thought i failed and i passed. The last time i thought i passed an exam, i failed. that was not a CFA exam.

I need a miracle.

Too close to call

I’m with CFAAtlanta… the only way I could have passed is if the top 1% did badly.

Failed. One of two things will happen: 1) Pass rate will be really low, because most people got owned in the AM and it’s hard to make that up even with a strong PM score. 2) A lot of people who think they failed based on the AM, will actually pass because they “sucked less” than the average test taker (the curve saved them).

Does anyone know for sure if there is a curve? I attended a session by the CFA institute 2 years ago. They said that if you score above 70% then you pass. Otherwise it’s anybody’s guess…

75/25 Fail/Pass - AM I left two blank in total and then a few smaller ones blank PM - had to friggen guess on like 12 of them. The only way I’ll pass is not based on my skills and abilities but rather I didn’t suck as bad as others.

Passed. -Only based on AF members’ “bearishness” on the AM relative to my own perspective -This is based on reading the sheer size of the AFers that didn’t complete the AM, which I made a concerted effort to do. And let me just say one thing: CFAI needs to figure out whether they want us to add or use geometric math. Choose one or the other and stick with it. If you don’t know what I’m referring to, you got it wrong also. Now that’s a shame because adding goes against reason, plain and simple. I knew that concept cold.