pass rate for north americans

does anyone know what the pass rates for level 3 are for people writing the exam in Canada and the States? is it fair to assume it’s 10-15% higher than the rest of the world (because the language barrier is not as present).

I can’t find the breakdown by level, but here are the 2006 total results: I would imagine Level 3 wouldn’t be too much off these percentages. United States: 54 percent of the 22,173 total exam candidates Canada: 53 percent of the 5,914 total exam candidates Europe: 57 percent of the 10,287 total exam candidates Asia and Pacific Asia: 49 percent of the 21,109 total exam candidates Central and South America: 46 percent of the 1,091 total exam candidates Africa/Middle East: 39 percent of the 2,675 total exam candidates

i think in the past the highest pass rates have been out of europe. i seem to remember that germans do particularly well.

wow…it’s much lower than i thought.

ze germans!

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t find the breakdown by level, but here are > the 2006 total results: > I would imagine Level 3 wouldn’t be too much off > these percentages. > > > United States: 54 percent of the 22,173 total exam > candidates > Canada: 53 percent of the 5,914 total exam > candidates > Europe: 57 percent of the 10,287 total exam > candidates > Asia and Pacific Asia: 49 percent of the 21,109 > total exam candidates > Central and South America: 46 percent of the 1,091 > total exam candidates > Africa/Middle East: 39 percent of the 2,675 total > exam candidates that can’t be right can it. I thought overall 06 was 76%. This must be 05? nm. This was for all. I bet L3 is below the across Level mean for Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, and above for Canada, US and Europe. Less quanty, more wordy…politically incorrect?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ze germans! Ja! Sehr gut!!!

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big Babbu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I can’t find the breakdown by level, but here > are > > the 2006 total results: > > I would imagine Level 3 wouldn’t be too much > off > > these percentages. > > > > > > United States: 54 percent of the 22,173 total > exam > > candidates > > Canada: 53 percent of the 5,914 total exam > > candidates > > Europe: 57 percent of the 10,287 total exam > > candidates > > Asia and Pacific Asia: 49 percent of the 21,109 > > > total exam candidates > > Central and South America: 46 percent of the > 1,091 > > total exam candidates > > Africa/Middle East: 39 percent of the 2,675 > total > > exam candidates > > that can’t be right can it. I thought overall 06 > was 76%. This must be 05? it’s for the 3 levels combined.

>that can’t be right can it. I thought overall 06 was 76%. This must be 05? 76% was pass rate for L3, I believe. This statistics is for all three levels.

ya I see that now.

I would assume that non-native English speakers might have some trouble with the essay questions (difficulty explaining themselves succinctly etc.)

In the level 1 course I did they told us that the US pass rates were generally lower than Europe due to longer hours work culture there (I’m in the UK).

gaoyao Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would assume that non-native English speakers > might have some trouble with the essay questions > (difficulty explaining themselves succinctly etc.) as non-native speaker I would say so. To tell the truth, I find myself spending too much time just reading the question, which CFAI seems to be very keen on. The frustrating thing is that normally the questions are often meaninglessly long with garbage information.

I am currently in china and i hear from friends here that the pass rate in China is the highest in the world, which is entirely believable because these guys really know how to pass exams (also their reading comprehension is far far far higher than their speaking, these guys can read economics essays no problem but cant order a sandwich in a shop).

elem100 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am currently in china and i hear from friends > here that the pass rate in China is the highest in > the world, which is entirely believable because > these guys really know how to pass exams (also > their reading comprehension is far far far higher > than their speaking, these guys can read economics > essays no problem but cant order a sandwich in a > shop). well, there’s simply no need for them to speak english in China. I wonder what kind of sandwich shop is that … shop in beijing speaking english only? @_@

> is it fair to assume it’s 10-15% higher than the > rest of the world (because the language barrier is > not as present). Let’s not forget about us Brits, please. Brains and mother tongue - it’s quite something

A third to half of the Canadians writing it are non-native English speakers (Toronto and Montreal) and students from another country (mainly L1). I’d imagine if young factor those out we’re on par with the UK or Aussie etc.