Pass rate for USA citizens

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > True, Europe has been the top score for years. > Everybody seems to think that in China/India the > scores are out of the roof but the facts say > otherwise. So on the essay questions, there really does seem to be a difference between Asians (you can tell Asian exams because letters are written in strokes) and Americans. For some reason, Asians don’t seem to BS as much as Americans. Maybe it’s that coming up with the English is harder, but if an Asian test-taker doesn’t know the answer they usually just leave it blank. Americans flail around pathetically. I don’t really know what to make of that, but sometimes in that pathetic flailing they come up with a point or two.

Partial credit of something is > partial credit of nothing.

Indians and Asians are better in math.

Is it any coincidence that Canada posted exactly average pass rates? Ho hum.

Also keep in mind that Asia / Africa / Central & S. America likely all have a greater proportion of L1 and L2 candidates than the US / CAD / EUR. This too will depress pass rates in aggregate.

CFAdummy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Indians and Asians are better in math. Better in math than who?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAdummy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Indians and Asians are better in math. > > > Better in math than who? then Russians :slight_smile:

… a russian may be considered asian :slight_smile:

Wow! I think that Asia & Pacific Asia pass rate (39%) consists of weighted average of Russia, China and India pass rates. I suppose that India and China beat Russia. And what about the pass rate for candidates who try to pass the exam for the 2nd or 3d time? May be these candidates considerably increase average pass rate when the real pass rate for the first-time candidates is about ~30%? p.s. I’m from Moscow=)

I would actually be very interested in those figures.