Pass rate for USA citizens

What do you think the L2 pass rate for USA citizens is? Let’s take overall passrate of ~40%. My suggestion is 50%. And what about the pass rate for candidates who try to pass the exam on the second time? My suggestion is 60%.

Does a such statistics exist? If doesn’t, we will not be able to check you suggestion :slight_smile:

“And what about the pass rate for candidates who try to pass the exam on the second time? My suggestion is 60%.” Awesome!

I cant find it now but I saw some kind of geographical statistics on pass rates @ CFAI website. It was not very detailed in any case.

RomanZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What do you think the L2 pass rate for USA > citizens is? Let’s take overall passrate of ~40%. > My suggestion is 50%. > > And what about the pass rate for candidates who > try to pass the exam on the second time? My > suggestion is 60%. then for canadian residents must be at least 51% and 61%

There were some stats on the CFAI website showing that for all levels combined, the pass rate was the highest in Europe and significantly lower in the US… I don’t want to scare you…

If english is not your first language this test is clearly harder for you

44% vs. 47% is not “significantly” lower…and sorry florinpop, but Canada was at 42% http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/release/07releases/20070816_01.html

allépourpêcher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If english is not your first language this test is > clearly harder for you I would imagine specially ethics…heck English is my first language and I am still having a hard time with ethics and its trick on words…

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 44% vs. 47% is not “significantly” lower…and > sorry florinpop, but Canada was at 42% > > http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/release/ > 07releases/20070816_01.html dude I was joking

Well we don’t need any saber rattling from our 51st state.

i think the pass rates would reflect participation… i think in europe you’d only get people who really good in school and who are gung-ho about finance. canada/U.S. would have way more people doing it for credentials

I don’t tihnk second language plays a factor…I think almost every year it’s China and India who have the highest pass rate. (50% for level 1) Apparently, the language barrier didn’t stop them from passing.

I would agree, westbruin. I think there are more college students and those wanting to get into finance in USA/Canada than there are in Europe, but I have nothing to back that up.

kellyc319 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t tihnk second language plays a factor…I > think almost every year it’s China and India who > have the highest pass rate. (50% for level 1) > > Apparently, the language barrier didn’t stop them > from passing. Nope, they were behind Canada with 39% overall pass rate last year. Followed by Central/South America at 37% and Africa/ME with 28%.

True, Europe has been the top score for years. Everybody seems to think that in China/India the scores are out of the roof but the facts say otherwise.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well we don’t need any saber rattling from our > 51st state. oh zip it :))))

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 44% vs. 47% is not “significantly” lower… Is the difference statistically different from zero?

that depends on alpha

What if all candidates just try to do their worst instead of their usual best? We will probably see the intercept of this line…