Passed, Dec 2011

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - - * - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - - * - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

Material used: Schweser notes mp3 audio files + Q-bank. I didn’t read the notes and didn’t do the questions on CFAI chapter end. I did 80% of QBank and sample tests from CFAI and 3 Schweser mock exams. I did find quite a few questions that I didn’t prepare well enough in real exam. But that’s good enough for passing. Goodluck and now I am in Level2 candidates and shoot for June 2012.

Hey, congrats! So you only used the schweser? I just post smt about my doubts regarding the schweser… Ths!

Yeah I had a similar strategy, including not doing CFAI EOC questions. I will definitely use more questions from the CFAI text for L2, but will also use Schweser again. You can’t beat it with all the qbank and mocks they give you.

Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments8*-- -Corporate Finance20–* -Derivatives12-*- -Economics24–* -Equity Investments24–* -Ethical & Professional Standards36–* -Financial Reporting & Analysis48–* -Fixed Income Investments28–* -Portfolio Management12–* -Quantitative Methods28–* Passed… i strictly used Schweser except for the EOC problems and ethics 2nd to last day i read through all of CFA ethics… thanks for help every1 on here

Everyone has different background and goal. I just want to pass the exam. For level1 the questions are very specific on each small topics. If you have 90% coverage in the study material and you can get a large portion correct, that will be good enough. Some statistics may be helpful to you. I did two free sample exams from CFAI with average 68% correct, under time constraints. Please leave that till the end since that’s VERY close to real exam. For Schweser sample test, I use Q-bank to create sample exam at 120 question or 60 questions depend on my time. I usually customize the question to pick medium or difficult questions, plus previous wrong questions. I usually get 70% correct. After a couple of rounds, you know where you stand and you can put more efforts on your weak sections. In short, Q-bank is the secret weapon and you need a lot of practice to reinforce the concept. Send me a message if you are interested in the Q-Bank(that I used), if you know what I mean. :slight_smile:

That’s very good score.