passed level II with Schweser ??

Hi guys, Can those of you who passed Level II with Schweser let me know… If other have an opinion it would be highly appreciated. Regards,

We all passed level II by staying out of the Level III forum.

cfalover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We all passed level II by staying out of the Level > III forum. I see someone has problems helping those who look up to his experiences. After all I help the Level I’s who drop by to ask on Level II forum. I hope not everyone on this forum is stuck-up like you. Regards,

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi guys, > > Can those of you who passed Level II with Schweser > let me know… > If other have an opinion it would be highly > appreciated. > > Regards, I’ve passed all three levels using 100% Schweser. You’ll find people who did it in all different ways. The only real consensus “best practice” for getting through the CFA program is to bury yourself in whatever book you decide to read. Chances are if you have whatever book you’re reading more or less comitted to memory you’ll pass.

Asking for advice on passing the L2 exam from people that have no experiencing passing it (L2 forum participants) is kind of silly. That said, the question has been answered so many times…yes many people have done it. Some haven’t. People will fail with it in the future. Many who use CFAI materials will fail also.

for the 2 helpfull guys above, thank you if people like you did not exist, i would have suicided years ago… cause it sucks that you go out of your way to help others, but then you dont find people who will help you “go to eleven” sorry if this has been answered so many times.

I think you should do us all a favor and “suicide” yourself today. Now how’s that for CFA cyber - bullying? I’m joking of course. Sort of. Do it.

cfalover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you should do us all a favor and “suicide” > yourself today. Now how’s that for CFA cyber - > bullying? > > I’m joking of course. Sort of. Do it. I lol’d. Anyhow, yes, I passed levels 1 + 2 first try with basically Schweser alone. Plan to do about a 90/10 split between Schweser and CFA, respectively, for level III.

But to be perfectly fair- I have also trespassed into the Level 3 forum as a Level 2-er and have also been knocked down for it. So I’m just passing on the torch. Do it.

get off the L3 forum, wannabe banker in IT

+1

Passed L1 with old Schwesser books, barely. L2 seemed like a joke with only Schwesser. Got humbled trying the same strategy on L3.

I passed L2 using Schweser notes + videos + CFAI text.

What I noticed with a lot of colleagues who did the CFA exams is that the more knowledge/experience you have, the more shortcuts you can permit such as reading the Schweser notes. Also, passing level 1 with Schweser only is quite common but for level 2 and 3 much more difficult. So if I were you I would use Schweser only for topics you are familiar with.

the level 3 forum is a biased sample sport…that being said yeah its possible…

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the level 3 forum is a biased sample > sport…that being said yeah its > possible… your right, it only tells me about those who passed and hides the fact that ten times as much might still be on Level II forum right… but not to be cocky…i was considered the smartest guy at my school i am a hard worker, so if it seems some people can do it, it would be reasonable that I am one of them… best of luck to all you level III’s, remmber some guys are not gona make it, dont let that be you

I passed level 2 by doing the readings from Schweser (except for the topics I found most challenging, for which I read both Schweser and CFAI) and the practice problems from both CFAI and Schweser. Ignoring the CFAI end of chapter questions would have been a mistake.

“your right… but not to be cocky…i was considered the smartest guy at my school” yes yes i can see that