Passed LIII not a charterholder - Word this on Resume?

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also WillyR, your mom says hi (among other > things). > She’s right here next to me. +1 So simple and effective. Made me laugh.

jimmylegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t word it. Under your educational experience, > just list it as bullett points > > L3 CFA Exam 2008 > Passed > L2 CFA Exam 2007 > Passed > > etc. > > If they know what the designation is all about, > they’ll understand. If the topic comes up in the > interview, then explain it. Or numi’s way is fine > too. That is what i did

xenquan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Recommended wording from 2008 CFAI Text, Volume 1, > page 106: > > " I passed all three levels of the CFA Program and > will be eligible for the CFA charter upon > completion of the required work experience." This is it. Do not just write “passed all 3 levels” charter pending, I believe this is specifically mentioned in the standards of practice.

Charter pending is fine, any proof Gecco? Here’s mine. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html##40

Is it okay to say: “Passed all three levels of the CFA program in a row” or “Passed all three levels of the CFA program in a row, CFA Charter pending” ??

aspiring-analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it okay to say: > > “Passed all three levels of the CFA program in a > row” > or > “Passed all three levels of the CFA program in a > row, CFA Charter pending” > > > ?? Yeah, its ok if you want to sound like a tool. Personally I think putting the fact that you passed consecutively in writing is not a good move. Additionally, the phrase “in a row” would be a little awkward on a formal document like a resume.

lol @ “Yeah, its ok if you want to sound like a tool.” I guess leave the consecutive part for verbal huh? I was just wondering if candidates who passed all three do actually put that…just to “differentiate” themselves?

I put something like “Passed Level I, II, and III of the CFA exam in consecutive attempts from summer 2006 to summer 2008, CFA Charter pending”, but I am second guessing myself at this pt. any thoughts?

For the love of God don’t put anything about “in a row” or “consecutive” in your resume. If your resume needs that to differentiate itself in the first place, you’ve already lost the job.

You would know a lot about being limp…seeing as how you have to insult people on the internet to get a hard on… WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sublimity, > > That was as limp a retort. Why don’t you make > youself useful and move out of your parent’s > basement. > > Willy

I would normally think “CFA Charter Pending” would be sufficient, but the CFA Institute is extra sensitive about these issues. What I have found online are resumes saying “CFA Charter Pending Candidate,” which would be a grammatical parallel to “CFA Level III Candidate.” CFAI might argue that CFA Charter Pending (without the word candidate) implies too much certainty about getting the charter. “CFA Charter Pending Candidate” is how I have updated my resume. s23dino’s reference has (further down on the FAQ): http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html##40 Q: If I will not be able to meet all requirements until February, how long will I have to wait to receive my charter? A: Charters are awarded weekly, at any time throughout the year, when CHARTER PENDING CANDIDATES have satisfied the requirements for the charter." So this implies that we are still CFA Candidates, and our status is now “charter pending,” as opposed to “Level I,” “Level II,” or “Level III” status.

"You would know a lot about being limp…seeing as how you have to insult people on the internet to get a hard on… " And…? Willy