Passed LIII not a charterholder - Word this on Resume?

Hey: I passed LIII but don’t have the charter. I’m looking for a good way to write this on my resume. Here’s what I got, but it it looks clumsy: Passed CFA Level III Exam; will earn CFA Charter designation when experience requirement is fulfilled. ANy suggestions?

Note: I’m not close to 4 years exp. yet.

Usually I see it as: * Passed all three levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program

How about “Passed levels I, II and III of Chartered Financial Anlyast (CFA) program, CFA Charter pending.”

Good tips. If I were closer to earning the charter I would go with charter pending. However, I think “pending” implies upcoming. I don’t want to mislead anyone on my resume, and then look dumb in the interview when I admit that I have 3 years to go.

I like numi’s way. I think there is no reason to write “passed I, II, III” if you you write passed level 3 it obviously implies that you passed the other 2

I would go with Numi’s way, but I would use completed instead of passed…just my preference.

Don’t word it. Under your educational experience, just list it as bullett points L3 CFA Exam 2008 Passed L2 CFA Exam 2007 Passed etc. If they know what the designation is all about, they’ll understand. If the topic comes up in the interview, then explain it. Or numi’s way is fine too.

CFA Charter Pending Candidate

passed level III, charter pending

CFA: ACED DAT SH!T.

“Hey: I passed LIII but don’t have the charter. I’m looking for a good way to write this on my resume. Here’s what I got, but it it looks clumsy: Passed CFA Level III Exam; will earn CFA Charter designation when experience requirement is fulfilled. ANy suggestions?” I’m a loser with no relevant work experience because getting out of my BOM job at the discount shop was too challenging and hiring managers can clearly see that I’m a nerd and can pass exams but shouldn’t be aloud within 100 miles of a fee paying client. However, I’m sure that if I kiss up to Willy R on analyst forum dot com he’ll write me a letter saying I have the relevant work experience anyways because he’s done so other losers like myself, with hot sisters, who have agreed to well - you know - Willy for the effort of signing his name to my work experience. Does that help? Willy

How is someone "aloud’ to do something, or anything? I guess after they hear someone tell them “allowed” that they are “aloud.”

Also WillyR, your mom says hi (among other things). She’s right here next to me.

Sublimity, That was as limp a retort. Why don’t you make youself useful and move out of your parent’s basement. Willy

Your mom did not think my retort was so limp.

Don’t do it if its. L3 CFA Exam 2008 Passed L2 CFA Exam 2003 Passed L1 CFA Exam 1998 Passed jimmylegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t word it. Under your educational experience, > just list it as bullett points > > L3 CFA Exam 2008 > Passed > L2 CFA Exam 2007 > Passed > > etc. > > If they know what the designation is all about, > they’ll understand. If the topic comes up in the > interview, then explain it. Or numi’s way is fine > too.

Recommended wording from 2008 CFAI Text, Volume 1, page 106: " I passed all three levels of the CFA Program and will be eligible for the CFA charter upon completion of the required work experience."

jimmylegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t word it. Under your educational experience, > just list it as bullett points > > L3 CFA Exam 2008 > Passed > L2 CFA Exam 2007 > Passed > > etc. > > If they know what the designation is all about, > they’ll understand. If the topic comes up in the > interview, then explain it. Or numi’s way is fine > too. personally, i think it’s lame to have 3 bullet points one for each level you passed…

Mom jokes. Sweet. Easily one of the top 5 forms of discourse.