passing criterion

Let’s come again on the QUESTION. Can somebody share if she/he knows what is the criterion to pass.

pass what?

pass gas

Can’t spell pass without ASSet_MANagement.

Can’t spell pass without ASSet_MANagement.

Ask Joe Montana.

Have more points than are required.

According to CFAI (I am told), no one who has ever scored more than 70% has ever failed the exam. Less than 70% is a crapshoot, but the minimum passing score (MPS) is usually thought to be between 60% and 70% every year. Although we don’t know what the MPS is in any particular year, we do know that it is not the same every year. Also, according to CFAI, no one has ever achieved a perfect score in the history of the exam.

So, if you get a perfect score does it tell you CFA or MBA?

They base passing criteria on how much profit they want to make off suckers. Remember the readings on Econ and now this will effect the supply curve/demand curves. The CFA is a monopoly remember and they care only about maximizing profit.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, according to CFAI, no one has ever achieved > a perfect score in the history of the exam. I actually think that this isn’t true. I was at a CFA society dinner and the president of the CFA said that for the first time ever, a perfect score was received on Level 1. Someone had way too much study time on their hands…

I was wondering about that, whether it was still true. The number of candidates in 2009 was close to 200,000, IIRC, and 2008 wasn’t that much lower. With that many candidates taking it each year, one will presumably be able to get a perfect score - particularly if any guesses are made on a 1/3 basis instead of a 1/4. Level I would be the easiest exam to get a perfect score on, assuming you know the material. It is a noteworthy confirmation that the announcement did say “for the first time, ever…”.

When asked the question whether he achieved a perfect score, JDV did not deny it.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > With that many candidates taking it each year, one > will presumably be able to get a perfect score - > particularly if any guesses are made on a 1/3 > basis instead of a 1/4. Level I would be the > easiest exam to get a perfect score on, assuming > you know the material. > > I think the 4th selection that was taken away was the most obviously wrong one, so it should not make a difference with someone trying to get a perfect score. Just saved him some time ( less stuff to read).

So basically if you get 170 mcq’s correct or more out of the total you should be alright? Maybe they curve it a lot?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > With that many candidates taking it each year, > one > > will presumably be able to get a perfect score > - > > particularly if any guesses are made on a 1/3 > > basis instead of a 1/4. Level I would be the > > easiest exam to get a perfect score on, > assuming > > you know the material. > > > > > > I think the 4th selection that was taken away was > the most obviously wrong one, so it should not > make a difference with someone trying to get a > perfect score. Just saved him some time ( less > stuff to read). If the perfect score is because the guy truly knows everything in the curriculum (and I agree that there is a reasonable chance that that is true). On the other hand, perhaps they still had to guess on one or two problems. If that’s the case, I would think the 3 vs 4 answers would make a difference, particularly if they were able to eliminate one of the other wrong answers. I agree that if there is a lot of guessing, the 3 answer and 4 answer format doesn’t make a huge difference.