Passing formula

Does CFAI calculate the passing formula for Level 2 the same way they do for Level 1 - something like 70% of the average of the top 1% of all scores. In other words, in Level 1 you were told to shoot for a 70%, is that still the case with Level 2?

just remember to figure into your calculations that the 70% magic number does not happen just by thinking about it. lots of the smaller sections have 18 pts - 6 questions. You get two wrong - you are at 67% and 51-70% band automatically. Unless you have other sections among the bigger ones to really compensate - you are already sinking…

L2Sucks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does CFAI calculate the passing formula for Level > 2 the same way they do for Level 1 - something > like 70% of the average of the top 1% of all > scores. In other words, in Level 1 you were told > to shoot for a 70%, is that still the case with > Level 2? The 70% of the top 1% theory is apparently a myth. According to the IntoThe5thDecade document, they’ve been using the Angoff Method since 2005 I think.

In short, each section is evaluated by a team of expert (as selected by the Governing Council). The expert would then submit a minimum passing score for that section to the Governing Council. The Governing Council would use these submission as references to define the minimum passing score for the year. (i.e. it is possible the GC can ignore the submission of the experts.) Basically the GC has final say on the MPS.

EVERYONE PASSES~!

Just to revisit this - is it standard to shoot for mock scores in the mid 70s/is that what most of you plan on aiming for in your prep? I know the “luck” factor is much larger in Level II and there probably isn’t any range of mock scores to ensure confidence or passage, but I’m just trying to get a feel for what the standard is.