passing score for Level II - 60 or 70%?

I think the mark aggreagotr site have been pretty confidence that its in the low 60s the past couple of years…

My personal thought it to target 70 and to do so I target 80 in the other mocks etc.

Guys, there’s less than a month left. It’s simple. Target 100%. MPS doesn’t matter. Just do your damn best!

Oh, I am getting at least 155% on all my mocks, just like everyone else who posts…

Now wait there, they ain’t about to go givin’ everyone tree-fiddy. Then everyone come around wantin’ tree-fiddy!

Thought the minimum passing score for level I was like 64%, where did you hear the consensus was 70?

My feelings though is the level II will be bimodel - lots of people with high marks and lots of people with low marks rathan your typical bell curve.

What’s the rationale for your guess that Level 2 is BiModal ???

i will probably get 98.5% so… the MPS will be 70% of my score at 68.95%

Can’t get 98.5% - but 98.333% may be ok.

Oh snap - dude’s gonna bomb QM, that’s 95.0% (114/120)! MPS is dropping as we speak!

…If only QM was as easy as division and multiplication…

Here is the email sent to the LII candidates who participated in the exam benchmarking program last summer:

Thank you for participating in the AnalystForum Exam Benchmarking program for the June 2012 Level II CFA exam. We’ve collected a substantial number of exam results and we’re pleased to provide you with the following customized benchmarking report. Benchmarking Methodology This report’s approach uses the 40/60/80 process to estimate the percentage of points you received on your exam. This approach assumes you scored an average of 40% for the sections you indicated were <=50%, 60% where you indicated 51-70%, and 80% where you indicated >70%. The result is an estimated score on the entire exam which is provided below. The report also includes a comparison of how you performed on each section compared to the average passing candidate. The average passing candidate is used as a comparison to see which area you need to improve on your next exam. Here are a few interesting points from the Level II data collected: * The lowest estimated passing score was 57.0% and highest estimated failing score was 69.0% resulting in an estimated minimum passing score of 63.0% which is the midpoint of these two figures. * 76.7% of the Level II responses were from passing candidates. This is most likely due to i) AnalystForum participants being more prepared due to their use of test prep materials (found here http://www.analystforum.com/products/cfa) and ii) that candidates who failed the exam already received their failing band information with the results. * 13.2% of the passing Level II candidates received a <=50% score on ethics. * The average estimated score of passing Level II candidates was 69.7%. * The best scoring section for passing candidates was Equity Investments (72 points) with an average score of 75.5%. * The worst scoring section for passing candidates was Portfolio Management (18 points) with an average score of 64.8%. Your Custom Benchmarking Report Below is a comparison of your score with that of the average passing score for each section of the Level II exam: * Alternative Investments (18 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE3|* compared to 70.2% for the average passing candidate. * Corporate Finance (36 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE4|* compared to 74.1% for the average passing candidate. * Derivatives (36 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE5|* compared to 65.8% for the average passing candidate. * Economics (18 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE6|* compared to 66.0% for the average passing candidate. * Equity Investments (72 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE7|* compared to 75.5% for the average passing candidate. * Ethical & Professional Standards (36 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE8|* compared to 66.5% for the average passing candidate. * Financial Reporting & Analysis (72 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE9|* compared to 69.7% for the average passing candidate. * Fixed Income Investments (36 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE10|* compared to 67.0% for the average passing candidate. * Portfolio Management (18 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE11|* compared to 64.8% for the average passing candidate. * Quantitative Methods (18 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE12|* compared to 65.0% for the average passing candidate. * Exam Total (360 points): Your estimated score was *|MMERGE13|* compared to 69.7% for the average passing candidate. Thank you for participating in the 2012 AnalystForum Exam Benchmarking program. Good luck on your next exam. If you would like to discuss these results, please share your thoughts in this thread: [2]http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/913 14018

So does that mean 60% is enuff for a pass?

How can a person fail with 69% and pass with 57 % blush

Because benchmarking, while a novel idea, is an inexact science.

The 40-60-80 approach is an estimate with a lot of variation possible. Someone could score 69% in every category and the 40-60-80 approach would estimate that score at 60%. It is more valiuable when viewed in a larger dataset to remove some of that variation.