Passing/Studying level 2 after taking 3 years off from taking level 1?

I was curious what everyone thought. I took level 1 in december of 2007. I have just recently thought about taking level 2 but I am curious what you guys think. Do you think that i will be screwed because i took to much time off? how much does level 2 build off of level 1? is it just a lost cause given how much time off i took. thank you very much in advance for your advice

I dont think Lvl 1 has any bearing on Level 2. If you are prepared to kiss your life good bye for 7-8 months and study everyday you may be in a position to pass … maybe b/c there is no way to tell what the test will ask… Good luck

7-8 months really? i was thinking 5-6. i must be underestimating this exam. thanks for responding

also depends on what your profession is i guess…if theres no “finance” exposure anywhere and L1 was all the finance you ever studied, then it might be prudent to go over the L1 basics before attacking L2…the L2 material from schweser actually contains a thin separate volume that recaps everything from L1 so thats a good thing as well for you although i never used it for L2 cos i gave L1 and L2 dec-june back to back… nevertheless, i guess better late than never…so yes you should certainly give L2 a shot…it is a much tougher exam compared to L1, and the amount and depth of material will make L1 look like a joke in comparison…however, dont let that disillusion you…if you study hard and practice and prepare well there is no reason why you cant clear it…

I took Level 1 in June of 2007, and killed Level 2 this past year. You will do fine if you prepare well. The main overlap between Level 1 and Level 2 is Ethics (you need to study this 3x more anyway), and Financial Statement Analysis.

Forgot to mention - I also took a couple years off between levels

braddpitt69 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took Level 1 in June of 2007, and killed Level 2 > this past year. > > Forgot to mention - I also took a couple years off between levels huh?

Ethics is that much more intense on L2 than on L1? how so?

Definatelly will not be at a disadvantage. Pretty different tests. Even accounting is fairly different (although you have to know the L1 basics). I would target 6 months total, with at least 8 weeks for review and mock exams Ethics is mostly the same, but there are a few new sections in L2 that are very tricky.

I don’t understand why it will be a disadvantage…on the contrary, start now and you’ll have an edge over the others…