passmaster

Can someone please explain to me how passmaster works?

It is a question bank that should be used in conjuction with your readings. Additionally, it has the capability to generate progress exams on topics previously covered and weights them according to the exam. Some downfalls… cannot drill into an LOS or select the difficulty of questions, but other than that it is a solid program. Some would argue a well prepared candidate should have access to either passmaster or QBank… or both

dhwit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is a question bank that should be used in > conjuction with your readings. Additionally, it > has the capability to generate progress exams on > topics previously covered and weights them > according to the exam. > > Some downfalls… cannot drill into an LOS or > select the difficulty of questions, but other than > that it is a solid program. > > Some would argue a well prepared candidate should > have access to either passmaster or QBank… or > both I think both is a nice concept, but not really ideal. There is 2000+ questions in QBANK. If you can complete more then that in your review time, thats great and it will help you, but typically one is enough to pass. It’s really all about diminishing returns to, especially if you work full time. I do agree with dhwit, you should have one of these programs for your studies.

Qbank > passmaster. However the lectures with Stalla >>> schweser, so you have a trade off. For level 2, I got Stalla everything and just Qbank from schweser.

Jutt111- You make a good point - I find Stalla lectures and notes much easier to follow vs Schweser’s material/lecture (I got both for June Level I). I am working through Passmaster and get scores around ~80% but am not planning to do Schweser’s QBank. When you say ‘Qbank>Passmaster’ do you mean Qbank has more difficult questions or “better” questions that prepare you better for the exam? As a corollary, should I worry about how rigorous Passmaster is and if its alone enough to prepare for the exam? Anybody else, any thoughts? Thanks.

No I think the quality of questions is pretty similar, it’s just that Qbank has so many more questions, and is much more customizable.

Does QBank have more questions? Passmaster has ~3,000… The main downfall of PM vs QBANk as I understand it is, PMs inability to drill an LOS and select level of difficulty.

My qbank is under 3000 questions, somewhere around 2200 if I am not mistaken. I like how customizable it is. From what I here from candidate that have already taken L1, there is no difference between the content in Passmaster or qbank. There is difference in the study notes and other materials though. I mixed an matched my preferences for materials for L1. The Stalla cue-cards were much better laid out, so I ordered those but I preferred Schweser notes over stalla notes. Ultimately it really comes down to preferences. Some people are just loyal to their 3rd party vendor. I am the same way, as FRM & CAIA are both offered through Schweser as well, I tend to be more favorable of them. Go with whichever you feel will better suit your needs (more questions) or (more flexibility). Best way to find out is to use the standard 1.5 minutes per question x Total # of questions to find out how many hours you would need to complete all the questions. If you can’t even fill the lower quota of questions with your alloted review time, then you are more likely to benefit from the flexibility. I have heard of some candidates getting both as well.

Dollar for dollar what’s the best deal for CFA prep questions? Is something like this http://cgi.ebay.ca/CFA-Exam-Level-1-Premium-Study-Package-8-000-Questions_W0QQitemZ110365574551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Texbook_Education?hash=item110365574551&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 useful?

Read the ebay feedback for that seller. A few of the buyers have said that the material is outdated. For $29.95 it’s a little too good to be true. It is probably pirated seeing how it is all digital.

Roger. So what is the best deal for someone who justs wants practice questions?

Well, I have neither Qbank nor Passmaster…what about doing the CFA sample exams and 2-3 mock tests??? Would that be any good? I have done my readings from CFAI and Schweser but do not have the Qbank, dont want to spend 300-400 for the whole of Schweser package when all I want at this stage is the qbank…any suggestions. Thanks.

imran, my advice is to buy Q bank. from what i have heard n read on this forum, practice is key for this exam. i’m a bit hard for cash but i just ordered q bank. including shipping it came to just over $360 but if it’s the single most essential tool to passing, then it will be worth every penny…

Are the qbank questions same as thhe questions at the end of the Schweser readings of the notes or are those new questions?