Past exams

I am reviewing the morning exams posted on CFA. It seems that it gets tougher and tougher! :frowning: 2006 is the easier no wonder the passing rate is 70% (lucky guys in 2006). I am wondering how the 2009 will be? Should CFAI adjust the passing rate based on the difficulty of the exam? one question on 2008 institutional portfolio mgmt. The answer to ā€œrisk objectiveā€ copies one sentence from the case, there is no juddgement and explanation ā€œabove, below, averageā€ as usual? Got the online morning exam from 2000-2005. Are they worthy to put time to practise? i.e. how much change since then?

Based on the recent trend, I think 2009 will be harder than 2008.

about previous AM exams. some argue they are good for IPS only, but we arenā€™t aware of whether or not they have changed some of the mechanics of answering those types of questions over the period of time either. given CFAI posts 06-08 on their site, id put more emphasis on those exams.

famosa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Based on the recent trend, I think 2009 will be > harder than 2008. representativeness. ; )

Status quo? :slight_smile: