Past exams

Can anyone tell me if/where I can find past exams for Level I and II? Good luck to you all.

They are not released to public.

There was a post last year in the LI forum where someone had them from *trying to remember* like 1999-2003. They wanted to post them but were banned from doing so by the owner of the forum, so they posted them on some kind of file-sharing website (pardon me if I slip-up on the terminology here). However, that’s all my memory can give me right now. However, if memory serves (big qualifier), there were a bunch of responses to that thread (ergo, you can sort by responses in the LI forum). I’m also going to further narrow your search and say that the thread was started sometime in between 5/7 and 5/21 of this year. Dear god, why am I so fugging brilliant? P.S. - although I squeaked by LI, I’m by no means a master of ethics. I believe that it’s a violation of CFAI to view those exams.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There was a post last year in the LI forum where > someone had them from *trying to remember* like > 1999-2003. They wanted to post them but were > banned from doing so by the owner of the forum, so > they posted them on some kind of file-sharing > website (pardon me if I slip-up on the terminology > here). However, that’s all my memory can give me > right now. > > However, if memory serves (big qualifier), there > were a bunch of responses to that thread (ergo, > you can sort by responses in the LI forum). I’m > also going to further narrow your search and say > that the thread was started sometime in between > 5/7 and 5/21 of this year. > > Dear god, why am I so fugging brilliant? > > P.S. - although I squeaked by LI, I’m by no means > a master of ethics. I believe that it’s a > violation of CFAI to view those exams. Those exams had been earlier posted on the CFA Institute website (in 2006) for free. They removed them later. So, there is no violation there. There was no banning. I think you should revisit that thread and try to refresh your memory. I was receiving HUGE amount of emails because every body wanted a copy. So, someone else (go visit that thread) uploaded them to a server to make it easier for everyone. I had that thread started only to ask if someone else has had the opportunity to work those out. Btw, a handy tip- You cannot upload anything here at Analyst Forum, in case you haven’t noticed.

Ruhi, please don’t take that tone with me - I wasn’t insinuating that you (I had no idea who the OP was) did anything wrong, I was trying to guide AZCFA in the right direction to find what he/she wanted. As an aside, if it’s okay for people to view past exams, why would the CFAI have taken them down? I’ve already stated that I did poorly (<50) on ethics, so if someone could shed some light on this for me I’d appreciate it. BTW, as I’ve (clearly) never uploaded nor will I ever try to upload anything here, by definition your tip wasn’t very “handy”. However, if I offended you or slandered your good name in any way I apologize; I reiterate that it was certainly not intentional. I hope that you won’t be offended if I don’t take your advice and “go visit that thread” - I really could care less and I have FRM studying to do.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ruhi, please don’t take that tone with me - I > wasn’t insinuating that you (I had no idea who the > OP was) did anything wrong, I was trying to guide > AZCFA in the right direction to find what he/she > wanted. > > As an aside, if it’s okay for people to view past > exams, why would the CFAI have taken them down? > I’ve already stated that I did poorly (<50) on > ethics, so if someone could shed some light on > this for me I’d appreciate it. > > BTW, as I’ve (clearly) never uploaded nor will I > ever try to upload anything here, by definition > your tip wasn’t very “handy”. However, if I > offended you or slandered your good name in any > way I apologize; I reiterate that it was certainly > not intentional. I hope that you won’t be > offended if I don’t take your advice and “go visit > that thread” - I really could care less and I have > FRM studying to do. Didn’t you say in your previous response that the poster “wanted to post them but were banned from doing so by the owner of the forum,”? My handy tip was in response to this statement. I don’t know why the CFAI took them down. It’s up to them. But this doesn’t mean that people who have downloaded the papers previously cannot solve them. I don’t remember reading anything referring to this in the Handbook. All the best for your FRM Exam.

Nobody from that thread was banned and rightly so - it was material public information :wink: I can even state here that two of the questions from these exams were used in the actual June 2007 Level 1 exam. I’m pretty sure I answered them correctly!

The CFA Institute probably took them down so that they could start charging 50 bucks a pop for the practice exams.

McPass and Ruhi, once again apologies for any confusion. Ruhi - as leveltwo stated, I think that they took them down so that they could charge $50 for practice exams. Greedy bastards. McPass - didn’t say anyone from the thread was banned (although my word choice could’ve been better there to eliminate confusion). I meant to say that the “person” was stopped/restricted/not allowed to post the exams. As it turns out, that was correct, but for the wrong reasons. However, although I misinterpreted how/why the exams were not able to be uploaded on the site, I think that the rest of my post was generally correct and (hopefully) helpful to the OP. P.S. - I’m still not sure about the ethical portion of this - wouldn’t surprise me if they made using past exams “unethical” just to ensure that candidates would have to buy them from the website. If anyone has anything explicitly dealing with this, would they be so kind as to post it?

ruhi22: Were there any past level 2 exams posted or only level 1? I’d appreciate if I could get the url. thks