paulson speaking again today

lol, sell! that SOB has zero credibility, anything he says will be sold. here’s another interesting tidbit the guy had to sell his goldman stake and move into treasuries before he took over as secretary - he’s made serious money the last 2 years…on treasuries!! i’m not implying any conspiracy, but the freakin irony of this is just heartbreaking.

he’s a monkey

lol. a leper monkey, while we’re at it.

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol, sell! > > that SOB has zero credibility, anything he says > will be sold. > > here’s another interesting tidbit > > the guy had to sell his goldman stake and move > into treasuries before he took over as secretary - > he’s made serious money the last 2 years…on > treasuries!! i’m not implying any conspiracy, but > the freakin irony of this is just heartbreaking. Its funny - because he probably regrets how much this position is a pain in the a$$ for such the prestigious CEO he once was, but then again, he got out of the market with his stake at just the right time, so . . . he can’t be too pissed -

Apparently when sold his shares moving to treasury , he benefited from a tax break. What was the amount again $500m ? Why would you want a tax break on this kind of money …

Anyone who moves from a private job to be a public servant is granted a tax break on the sale of such securities held, InNinoVeritas

To add: think of it this way: why would the guy pay upwards of $100M of taxes to get the job?? No one in his right mind would make the switch to public sector

ok, i feel even better now. the guy got a tax break of $100M, sold near a decade high just before a collapse, bought treasuries just before a massive rally during the collapse. lovely, makes my day.

Do you think he didnt know the market would collapse? To all salt to your wounds he is now short selling to abandon.

Do you think he didnt know the market would collapse? To add salt to your wounds he is now short selling to abandon.

he’s a useless, negligent, irresponsible public servant, but i’ll wager he regrets taking this job.

Everytime he speaks the market goes down. Short when Paulson makes a speech. :slight_smile:

Alayle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone who moves from a private job to be a public > servant is granted a tax break on the sale of such > securities held, InNinoVeritas In little boys there is truth? - haha do you mean ‘vino’?

lol, classic - “freudian slip nails child molester on finance internet board” - NYT Nov 21

Oh no. lol…