Pencil for essay

allowed? CFAI just mentions blue or black pen. Would this be a disqualifying technicality?

Schweser says they will grade your exam if you write in pencil. Personally, I am not going to take the chance. I would hate to put all of the work in and CFAI decide not to grade the test because it isn’t in blue or black ink.

Beg, borrow or steal a pen, just show up with one.

It is really hard to imagine why so many of us are asking whether we could use the pencil instead of pen. what is it with pencil that you guys are so fond of? just use the pen that they allow and you dont have to keep worrying about whether they will disqualify or reduce mark and so on…

Why not just use an Eraseable Pen?? I can write faster in Pen, so I think I’m gonna use pen, if its a mess, its a mess…

Yea, its so much easier to write in pen, I am using a blue ballpoint pen.

I might have to go buy some eraseable pens this week and test them out for their smoothness…I dont remember them being smooth when writing. Pencil has too much friction.

Re: Pencil for essay Posted by: krishna1 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: May 26, 2008 09:03PM “It is really hard to imagine why so many of us are asking whether we could use the pencil instead of pen. what is it with pencil that you guys are so fond of? just use the pen that they allow and you dont have to keep worrying about whether they will disqualify or reduce mark and so on…” fond of not letting my bad handwriting and constant editing get in the way of my passing the exam. The erasable pen is a good point (pun intended)

actually good idea with the erasable pens… will go buy some this week.

I wrote about this a little bit ago, I e-mailed the CFAI and confirmed that writing in pencil is ok. I even saved the e-mail, in-case there are any problems. I’m gonna bring pens anyway just in case, but will be writing in pencil.

There were plenty of people that used pencil last year and passed. There was a long thread about it.

come on guys… all along I thought everybody was cool about pencil…and would be using pencil…now I see this thread and find out that everyone is using black or blue pens…are you messing with me?

we need to be all on the same page on this issue. If we all use pencil, there is no way they will screw us up all. But now I am hesitant. Erasable pens are the way to go?

the problem with erasable pens is that they smudge for us lefties. unless someone has a good option i’m unaware of.

Just don’t worry about this. No grader is going to care what your exam looks like as long as they can read it. This isn’t junior high school.

Well JoeyDVivre…what will you be using…pen or pencil?

He used to use Red ink :wink:

i will buy a Bad Mutha F*&Ka of a mechanical pencil and a big eraser…stand back folks!! I’ll be armed and dangerous.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,597257,597257#msg-597257