Penny for your thoughts

Ok, i’ve been off this forum for a while-not since failing last year’s L2 exam on my first attempt. (band 7) . So first up, I’d just like to say well done to everyone who’s making good progress in their studying so far-from all the posts it seems (most) ppl are headed for that magical “PASS” result. Good on you! :slight_smile: Just don’t F*#% up the curve for the rest of us! Now, to my plight… I just left my job at a large asset manager to start up my own forex trading business. It’s small and the markets are way too volatile…so please don’t ask how it’s going. Thanks. I’ve read through SS 1 to 10 quite thoroughly so far (40 hours of studying so far as I’ve had other commitments) , and now have 45ish or so days left. But I won’t be working(read:full time job) till we write on the 6 June…so I have 45 FULL days left to study. I’d just like to get your opinion on whether you think this is enough time to give this exam the finger and pass come exam day? Confidence isn’t too high at the moment, though it’s picking up quickly, and I’d appreciate thoughts from you more enlightened people out there…Thanks. May you study hard, write well and not have runny diarrhea on the 6th of June. Noob Saibot Tobias Boon

thanks for the wise words :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat with not working and being quite behind. I was working as a tax associate up until 4/15 and was not able to study much due to work demands. We can do this, while I do not like studying 6-8 hours a day everyday, I don’t have anything better to do and I really don’t want to take this fcking exam again in 2010. Hard to really say how we stand, but we have the advantage of putting forth 100% to this exam from now until 6/6/09.

Noob Saibot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok, i’ve been off this forum for a while-not since > failing last year’s L2 exam on my first attempt. > (band 7) . So first up, I’d just like to say well > done to everyone who’s making good progress in > their studying so far-from all the posts it seems > (most) ppl are headed for that magical “PASS” > result. > > Good on you! :slight_smile: Just don’t F*#% up the curve for > the rest of us! > > Now, to my plight… > > I just left my job at a large asset manager to > start up my own forex trading business. It’s small > and the markets are way too volatile…so please > don’t ask how it’s going. Thanks. > > I’ve read through SS 1 to 10 quite thoroughly so > far (40 hours of studying so far as I’ve had other > commitments) , and now have 45ish or so days left. > But I won’t be working(read:full time job) till we > write on the 6 June…so I have 45 FULL days left > to study. > > I’d just like to get your opinion on whether you > think this is enough time to give this exam the > finger and pass come exam day? > > Confidence isn’t too high at the moment, though > it’s picking up quickly, and I’d appreciate > thoughts from you more enlightened people out > there…Thanks. > > May you study hard, write well and not have runny > diarrhea on the 6th of June. > > Noob Saibot > Tobias Boon The runny diarrhea has already started - f*&king crohn’s. Anyhow if you do 40 hours a weeks for 6 weeks = 240. Plus the 40 already done = 280 Plus last week of manic studying - 20 hour bonus. So if you give it your all - you can pull off 300 hours in the next 6 weeks. At least that is my plan.

i’ve paid pennies for one of SkipE99’s relatives actions