Pens in the exam

Right so we’re supposed to use pencils to mark the answers, but why are we not allowed to bring pens into the exam room. Or at least since they’re not in the ‘allowed’ list I assume that we’re not supposed to bring pens. Are these classified as dangerous materials now?

If you explode a pen and you are next to me and interrupt my concentration, I would beat you down. LOL, no idea.

because you won’t need it and to simplify things - avoid people who may fill in the bubble ovals with black pens, it won’t go through the electornic marking system since it only detects charcoal

reg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and to simplify things - avoid people who may fill > in the bubble ovals with black pens, it won’t go > through the electornic marking system since it > only detects charcoal If you fail CFA exam because you’re filling the bubbles using black pens instead of pencils, then you don’t even remotely deserve to pass.

victorh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > reg Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > and to simplify things - avoid people who may > fill > > in the bubble ovals with black pens, it won’t > go > > through the electornic marking system since it > > only detects charcoal > > If you fail CFA exam because you’re filling the > bubbles using black pens instead of pencils, then > you don’t even remotely deserve to pass. given the reason behind it - it is a perfectly valid rule though IMHO

victorh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Right so we’re supposed to use pencils to mark the > answers, but why are we not allowed to bring pens > into the exam room. Or at least since they’re not > in the ‘allowed’ list I assume that we’re not > supposed to bring pens. > > Are these classified as dangerous materials now? pens only allowed in level 3, that is a long way away from my life : )