People aren't studying this year?

All around NYC I just don’t see people studying CFA like the last few years. Where I studied today I saw a L2 & L3 person each come in for 3 hrs and they were done. Last year there was about 6-7 people there all day studying… Do you guys think there will be a lot of unmotivated unprepared people this year?

I certainly hope so – you won’t find them on this forum though!

I was at my usual starbucks today and saw 5 more people than I usually do studying for the CFA (various levels). So either these people have been studying somewhere else and just now decided to come to my starbucks to study the week before the exam, or they are cramming. One person I saw taking a sample exam looked really, really stressed.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was at my usual starbucks today and saw 5 more > people than I usually do studying for the CFA > (various levels). > > So either these people have been studying > somewhere else and just now decided to come to my > starbucks to study the week before the exam, or > they are cramming. One person I saw taking a > sample exam looked really, really stressed. That’s fantastic news!

I haven’t seen anyone studying this year. I was actually thinking earlier today that it was strange.

wow i can’t believe people study at Starbucks, i just could not do that.

I can’t study there either… I can’t even study at the library.

I am the same way. There is a lot of distractions in the home but I need CFAI books, Schwesers books etc. I do not want to carry them with me to the library and drive an hour to find a decent library to study. Just does not work out for me. Starbucks is the noisiest place to study. I do not know how people can concentrate over there…may be I’m different…

I study just fine at starbucks with my headphones in, listening to music. But you are right (especially at this point in my studying) in needing all of my book. But I only need everything about the last 2 weeks before the test. So I was only at starbucks this AM to take a practice test, then back home to review. Otherwise, I have been at either starbucks or panera bread studying away.

I’ve been studying at NYPL main branch during the day then hitting up sbucks at night.

You guys think it’s more productive to study in the library/starbucks??

Philly which starbucks?

library is good How about you guys yourself, did you study harder or less than last year?

derswap07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys think it’s more productive to study in > the library/starbucks?? Home is a distraction to me. Too easy to jump up and do something. At sbux, I feel like I can’t leave until I finish something.

I’ve been going to the one on 93rd and Broadway by my apartment. Not the best one; quite small and next to a church so you get that crowd coming in and yapping away.

Being a Starbucks and Library studier (in NYC) was surpriesed today that 3 of CFA studiers at Library were Level 3. Never saw that before. Some differences in studying - my last week or so, all I want are my summaries (Schweser slides heavily annotated) and any practice exam I happen to be doing. Do any digging into CFAI/Scweser books later at home.

Studying more than last year.

Phillyb thought u were actually in Philly. Wonder how much people having to leave NYC due to jon loss has to do with seeing less studiers

Im taking the exam in Philly. I just moved up to NYC in late March.

i definitely studied more this year - even planning to take two days off next week to focus on it. I worked Friday evening last year when i take the Level II, and got lucky to pass.