People scoring high - MPS

Considering that it seems this may be the case for the “well-prepared” AF community, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was higher for the full L3 candidate pool.

• 4 full mocks (AM & PM together)

Also agree with the above comments on lack of awareness of exam availability

For all 3 levels I’ve been pretty surprised by how little a lot of candidates know about the resources available to them

Considering that historically ~50% pass and assuming an MPS ~60-65%, but also taking into account the small sample size/reporting bias of this forum, I wouldn’t be surprised if the average candidate (scoring right at the MPS) was scoring at least 60% overall on mocks.

I took L3 last year. Everyone immediately around me was a retaker. None of them knew that the old AM exams were available.

I can only imagine the feeling of opening up the 2013 am paper having only done schweser before that point.

That’s a joke, isn’t it? In my opinion, it’s such a big disadvantage not having done the CFA Mocks.

Yea…the “Swchweser, you didn’t do jack to prepare me for this the past 6 months!” feeling!

How do people not see the old AM exams on CFAI? Now that’s befuddling.

To be fair I made the mistake of saving the CFA AM papers until 8 days ago having only done schweser to that point - although it was a bit of a shock to the system at least I could understand what they were actually asking me

No joke. They really had no idea. Just because someone makes it to L3 doesn’t mean they have the common sense to research all available resources.