People who took both June 07 & Dec 07

How did you think the two tests compared? Obviously if that was the case we all failed June 07 first, and we should have been more prepared for Dec on test-day, but any opinion on which test as a whole was actually more difficult?

I got slaughtered on June 07, but I knew that going into it. For reasons that aren’t worth mentioning, I wasn’t able to get the hours in and basically treated it like a practice test. I did ace ethics though. This time around, there were no questions where I thought, “Hm, I wonder what I’ll have for dinner tonight?” But there were a number of questions in the morning session that I had a hard time figuring out what they were asking … I’m hoping those were experimental questions for future exams. Most standardized tests do that. I think I kicked ass on the afternoon session though. (Which in no way means that I passed, but if I failed, it wasn’t because of the afternoon session!) As for your question, the June and Dec exams were pretty close as far as I could tell. They might have mixed up fixed income a little, those questions seemed new, but not unreasonable. Quant was heavier on hypothesis testing in June. Ethics is verbatim from CFAI texts if you ask me. All in all, I’d say they were very comparable exams.