Per Joey's take

Is it bad that I pay more attention to Joey on AF than other financial ‘professionals’? I just got an email from our trader at our firm about John Mauldin’s take on the bailout. Like most of the filth I’ve been reading, it’s full of buzz words like, “It’s not just Wall Street, it’s main street!”, “It’s not a bailout, it’s a stabilization!”, “It’s only $700B” etc. Propaganda alerts start ringing in my head. I don’t hold myself out to know exactly what is good or bad about this bill, but so much of what I see seems to be sugarcoated and repackaged with the same buzz words and no substance. Being a young person I’m striving to learn as much as I can about finance via the CFA program and the MBA pursuit coming up shortly.

Yes that’s pretty bad.

C’mon - I get cranky and say stupiud stuff all the time. I sure listen to lots of other people. Some are a little tough to listen to (spierce is pretty smart but very aggressive, Willy says insightful things between jokes about your mother, etc) but there is lots of good stuff here.

As commentators go, Mauldin is pretty good.

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As commentators go, Mauldin is pretty good. Agreed, you have to understand that he has a broad audience. That being said I enjoy his insight.

>Willy says insightful things about your mother Interesting observation

Mauldin is new commentator to me. He does seem better than some of the Dilberts I see on yahoo finance.

i get his emails daily. not bad.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >Willy says insightful things about your mother > > Interesting observation More like “I” say things about WillyR’s mom (when I’m with her).

I read Berko every now and then as well -