Personal circumstances and the ability to study... (breakup)

I suggest you go for gym or/and jogging, running, swimming. These activities are really helpful cuz they make your mind fresh and you feel physically good, energetic and sleep well. That will improve your mental health as well. Break-up is bad but it’s not the end of everything. Think about this: if you let the low mood affect your studying, you might end up with nothing (no gf, failing the exam, worse mood, ect…). You have gone half way of the journey, get the other half done !!! More time to study, isn’t it good? Only 4 months to go, stay focus, kill the exam and … Who knows you will meet someone at the test center Hahahaha

I second swimming. I started it seriously a year ago and you feel great after doing laps.

The quote actually comes from Chris Rock movie “I Think I Love My Wife”. Chris Rock is an investment banker in the movie and the quote is from his MD.

I remember his wife being a HCB. That was the only thing keeping me interested in that $hit.

I simply had sex with my ex’s best friend about 2 weeks after we broke up…that cheered me right up. Got me on a decent streak too. If your ex’s best friend is hot…go work on that.

It’s childish to sleep with your ex’s friend on purpose. man up and move on!

That can be a distraction. I’m not against it, just do it after the exam.

Not really. Back in the time of my marriage, my then husband got hysterical the night before the exam, when I was studying and else))).

Its so much better to be single!)))

WOW…that’s the realest quote I’ve ever seen/read/heard!!! AMEN TO THAT!!!

I kind of had a similiar situation so i can relate. She granted me at least the pleasure of dumping me after the L1 exam only to hook up with a buddy of mine. I haven’t spoke to her or my other buddy since. Just shady people that you have to weed out(sigh).

Fast forward a few months…I passed level 1, now a level 2 candidate, graduated with my MS in Finance degree and now working at a buldge bracket financial institute. She on the only hand, from word of mouth, didn’t pass level 1 and still looking for a job and has a “complicated” relationship status. Revenge is a dish best served cold. I did the gym thing too and I can say it helps. I used to be overweight and I shed about 45 lbs. I used to be 215 and now 165 lbs.

Long story short, in a few months, you’ll look back at all your drama right now and realize how miniscule it is and you’ll feel dumb for even posting something like this on here ( i guarantee it) but it’s ok because it’s just human emotion and we are genetically-wired to have feelings. The important thing is to stay focused on your goals. The CFA charter will bring you far more value than what any girl can ever do because it comes from yourself in the form of “organic” growth =)

^ The best revenge is to live a happy life.