Photo of inside the grading room

http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/release/00releases/00photo.html I found this on the level 3 forum, thought I share. Wow, so this is what it looks like. Looks sort of unorganized to me…im afraid now. I hope my exam doesn’t get lost…

yeah there is no way they can achieve a 100% accuracy rate on the passing level in that mess…of course, i dont know what the best way is, but THAT does NOT look like it

Read my comments on the LIII website. That’s the packet room where they hand out packets, not a place where people grade. The grading procedure is really very, very good.

Exactly, I don’t think the packet room is a very well-organized room. I can just imagine an exam booklet falling out of a pile and then never ending up in the “grading” room. I imagine the piles to be sealed tight in some sort of huge zip lock bag so that no booklet can escape! jk…i dunno…i think the last 2 weeks is making me paranoid. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you really mind being ‘graded’ by the babe in ‘blue’ jeans ?

no, but i would mind if the panzer in the middle of the room would want to revenge on my paper for being dumped by the class nerd

Would you really mind being ‘graded’ by the babe in ‘blue’ jeans ? “without the blue jeans :)” I think its too risky, you know…people messing with results and taking in/out and loosing and misplacing papers. To avoid ths happening, there should be a no clothes policy.

kellyc319 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Exactly, I don’t think the packet room is a very > well-organized room. I can just imagine an exam > booklet falling out of a pile and then never > ending up in the “grading” room. I imagine the > piles to be sealed tight in some sort of huge zip > lock bag so that no booklet can escape! jk…i > dunno…i think the last 2 weeks is making me > paranoid. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s very well organized. When a packet is returned, it is checked by someone not only to see if all the papers are there but to make sure they are in the same order as when you got it. The packets are bound by strong rubber bands that work. All the packets are coded and their location and status is known at all times by the computer tracking them. The process really works, I promise.

Joey, did you enjoy grading? Why did you stop doing that?

It’s one of those things that should be done once or twice and then on to other things. Someday, I hope you do it. Edit: Also, you can’t tutor or teach CFA materials if you grade and I like doing this alot (obviously).

that isnt true, I had a CFA teacher for L1 through stalla who graded L3.

I think this whole idea of manual grading is ridiculous Just see the time they take to declare the results. I just don’t understand why cant they make it computerized Like GMAT or CPA exam.

That’s exactly what creating employment is !

Well I think it is probably more expensive to set up a bunch of computers around the world than it is to just hand out paper booklets. And since everything is on a curve…i am assuming this can take awhile for all the graders around the world to agree on what questions are important to pass and what aren’t…not sure…just my speculation.

AFJunkie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that isnt true, I had a CFA teacher for L1 through > stalla who graded L3. Not in the same year. If you are signed up to grade, you can’t teach or tutor. They make you sign a pledge.

Looking at this photo I am ruing the fact I did not go for tabulation last year.