Pick it up Level 1!

What is this, no posts in almost 3 hours 28 days till exam day? This place should be hopping. Come on I rely on you guys to feel good about myself when I can’t answer a simple pension question on the level 2 forum.

The L1 forum sucks now… This place was intense when I was taking L1 in Dec '07. Now… not so much… Maybe this reflects the possibility that less people are taking the exam due to the current state of the financial industry.

I have noticed that all these months L1 forum have been pretty much dead compared to last year when i joined the forum. I concluded the same that maybe not many people are taking it this June. Good thing or bad thing for grading?

Folks are just busy trying to figure all these CFAI & Schweser questions. It’s late in the game, guys…, banging all those questions until my brain starts to freak out!

GARP announced a record number of people registering for the FRM exam. I am pretty confident that it would be the same for CFA. Think all the cool AFers are already studying for level 2 or 3.

jut111 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is this, no posts in almost 3 hours 28 days > till exam day? This place should be hopping. > > Come on I rely on you guys to feel good about > myself when I can’t answer a simple pension > question on the level 2 forum. It’s also could be people are feeling good about their preparation so far. If you did your part so far, started early, now starting to review and taking practice exam, you should be relaxed and feeling good about your preparation.

I’d like to see stats on the number of posts in various levels, but the L1 forum in the past has always had an exponentially greater number more posts than L2 (which had at least twice as many posts as L3) due to the fact that the number of people taking L1 > # taking L2 > # taking L3 (exponentially). It seems that the order has reversed now. Maybe in the absence of JDV and other very helpful members, the forum is having trouble attracting new members who are willing to make useful contributions. That, and quality AF members keep getting banned.

How easy is it for new members to register for this forum? I know a few Level 1’ers who have not been able to register to post.

Good question. Maybe Chad’s backed up a bit. I never had any trouble registering, but that was a couple years ago.