Pilot Frixion Pen

if this thread is below you… then keep your comments to yourself. It’s a valid discussion. Until thirty minutes go I didn’t realize that the Frixion ink disappeared when heated. Had I not read this thread, would be using that pen.

Thanks

This thread is certainly not below me. Nothing is below me. My comment was not to say the discussion is invalid, and I would hate to see or hear about anyone on this board failing L3 due to their choice of pen.

My comment was about the indecision and wondering if one should use a pen that you know might cost you the exam after all the hard work. That’s all I was saying.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/9993279

FYI. This is a discussion in 2009 right before the D-Day.

I’m pretty confused by this thread. Why wouldn’t you use a normal pen when that’s what they tell you to use? If you make a mistake, cross it out. You don’t gain/lose points for neatness.

Ahh, the memories. Not only does the ink disappear if it gets too hot, everything you erased reappears if it gets too cold (yes, I tried this myself in 2009). Just use a regular pen, there is plenty of space in the booklet.

Did you not see the guidelines I posted? It’s blue or black ink.

Fine, fine . . . I’m going to use pen. But I’ll probably still use pencil to do the IPS calculation.

I have the Pilot Frixion pen. Wrote my name on a piece of paper and held it about a foot over the stove top and my name disappeared instantly; amazing. After that, i’ve decided to use a regular pen. Not worth and potential issues.

When i saw you have to bring a pen I was under the impression you should use it for highlighting your final answer after a calculation or something. Either way I’ll be entering the exam with a whole arsenal of writing material.

it’d be so hot in India, that by the time I’ll be doing Insitutional IPS, my individual IPS would have disappeared. I’m using pen even though I scribble so much.

My uni-ball erasable pen 0.5mm works just fine. The writing STANDS STILL in microwave, the writing from Pilot Frixion does disappear. Perhaps I heated it too much, the writing from Pilot Frixion does not come back as usual.

I have no backup for this erasable pen, so I will take this pen with my other regular pen. But I still love my Frixion pens since I’m so used to it.

Good luck to all.

stove and microwave…haha

you guys make it like a science project

This all means that actually Frixion doesn’t erase its ink - it just heats ink by friction. Heated, the magic ink becomes invisible. But the ink is still on paper and reappears in cold temperature.

I use it as well. Find its easier on the hand and looks pretty much like a regular pen. super easy to erase. Doesnt smudge much at all. They run out of ink really fast though, so bring a couple if thats your utensil of choice.

Pilot Frixion is a miracle. Just bought it and it made me smile :).