PIMCO is hiring

Give PIMCO a call if you’ve been a victim of the situation in the financial markets or if you just want a change. Headquarters are in Newport Beach, CA. They’re actually looking for a lot of people.

kant, do u have any more info? I’m very interested in entry level positions. Do you mind if i email you regarding this? my email is bsliu17 at gmail .com

it doesnt look like they have anything from career website

PIMCO Wants to Hire Wall Street Layoffs: Report http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/business/business-pimco-banks.html?scp=1&sq=pimco&st=nyt

They were long and wrong (duration, that is) for a long time… but they stuck with it, so it came good after a lowsy 2006/ early 2007

I don’t have any information personally. I read it in an article on CNBC this morning. Just wanted to spread the word. I guess the best thing to do is contact the HR department and tell them you are interested in working with them, what they’re looking for, who to contact, and how best to apply.

Sounds like shens… to a point. I don’t think they need massive amounts of workers because they are doing very well. I think business is normal as usual and they need the regular numbers of workers for their offices. PR move to generate buzz and get more business.

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They were long and wrong (duration, that is) for a > long time… but they stuck with it, so it came > good after a lowsy 2006/ early 2007 Actually the opposite. They were short duration (huge treasury overweight). This hurt them coming up to 06 and first part of 07. Then when spreads widened they caught up and surpassed everybody because of their underweights to the plus sectors and overweight treasury position.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Etienne Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > They were long and wrong (duration, that is) for > a > > long time… but they stuck with it, so it came > > good after a lowsy 2006/ early 2007 > > > Actually the opposite. They were short duration > (huge treasury overweight). This hurt them coming > up to 06 and first part of 07. Then when spreads > widened they caught up and surpassed everybody > because of their underweights to the plus sectors > and overweight treasury position. Gross’ investment outlook letters suggest that he has been positioned for a fall in US rates since at least the start of 2006… The strategy may have been more nuanced than being long longer-duration bonds and short shorter-duration bonds vs. the benchmark… but I feel that calling it “actually the opposite” is somewhat unfair.

Again, he was underweight high duration bonds for that entire period. His Core Bond portfolio was basically a pool of cash. Tremendously risky strategy relative to benchmark but it paid off big in the end. His commentaries are hilarious. He talks mostly about his personal life.

I worked at a competitor that had tons of ex-PIMCO staff- not so great reviews. Can’t beat Newport Beach though.

I heard at PIMCO, there are two classes. One class is the inner circle of Bill gross, and then the other. While one class enjoy high pay, glamorous work, the other is to be dumped on and underpaid.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I worked at a competitor that had tons of ex-PIMCO > staff- not so great reviews. Can’t beat Newport > Beach though. Ditto.

MBAFinance Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard at PIMCO, there are two classes. One > class is the inner circle of Bill gross, and then > the other. While one class enjoy high pay, > glamorous work, the other is to be dumped on and > underpaid. So true. I don’t know a single ex-PIMCO employee with anything good to say about the place. That includes some relatively high level people.

I’m willing to work for pimco and be mistreated.

Good place to gain some experience and then move on.

Thats funny. Hey you might as well work for them and be mistreated, otherwise you will be like everyone else and be at a different company feeling the same mistreatment. I would hope if you are a FI person that you would almost have to pick some stuff up from being around that environment, but I guess the better option might be to wait for Google to open a FI department, their offices look the opposite of mistreatment

google to open a FI department?

its a joke my friend…as in wocka wocka wocka…my humor must be about as good as my FSA comprehension