Place your bets (FNM & FNM)

Should be a bloodbath tomorrow with the usual capitulation. Open: $1.00-$1.25 Close:$1.50 Of course I’ll probably be dead wrong and they’ll both close above $10.

the real blood is what this is costing taxpayers. looks like we are sufferring for greenspans mistakes. 20/20 hindsight, I know, but its true

Yeah, I’m surprised people still think he’s a god of some of sorts. The mortgage crisis of the last few years would never have happened had he not played with interest rates so much. He lowered fed rates to 1%! 1% is essentially free money. Then of course every single person in America making 20K/year applied for a mortgage and the rest is history. Now were left with a 200B tax bill.

we’ve gone from a tech to housing bubble… god knows what else is next.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Should be a bloodbath tomorrow with the usual > capitulation. > > Open: $1.00-$1.25 > Close:$1.50 > > Of course I’ll probably be dead wrong and they’ll > both close above $10. I can’t imagine paying $1.50 for them. All of them.

$.75

Trading @ $1.05. Talk about a wipe out.

“the real blood is what this is costing taxpayers.” Come on, Fannie and Freddie have been sham operations for a good decade now. Willy

anyone see UAUA trade down to nothing then bounce!!!

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the real blood is what this is costing taxpayers. > looks like we are sufferring for greenspans > mistakes. 20/20 hindsight, I know, but its true Greenspan = Fraud. That guy would do anything depending on who was president.

short the stock, buy the preferreds

Why? The preferred is subordinate to the new class of preferred issued to the Treasury. Seems to me that the common and preferred are in just about the same boat with a residual claim worth about nothing. I can’t imagine what people see in it at $1. It’s toast.

I was just talking to someone who went down with the ship on fannie. He said, “look beyond this mess, look at the long term earnings power”. To which I said, “look at the balance sheet.” People think small cap stocks with no analyst coverage are risky!?! Hello???

Sub debt ripping in… 450 tighter on the day.

sub debt went out +400 on friday… last i saw bid around +230 area. 450 a little aggressive from my vantage point… or, are you talking CDS?

just bought 20K shares in each

You will earn your bonus!

pure volatility play if there are any signs of a temporary up trend, I will liquidate. Make a quick buck (possibly) Set stop loss @ .75 for both.

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pure volatility play > > if there are any signs of a temporary up trend, I > will liquidate. Make a quick buck (possibly) > > Set stop loss @ .75 for both. smart, cuz there’s no gap risk here, right?

grover33 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sub debt went out +400 on friday… last i saw bid > around +230 area. 450 a little aggressive from my > vantage point… or, are you talking CDS? feb 11s went out 600 to 650 Friday… Traded today 125 off, stable around 130/170 off at the moment…