Plan of Attack

Hey Guys/Gals, Started studying for this beast mid January, using Schweser material and taking the EOC questions from CFAI texts. I expect to finish this process at the end of the month. The problem is I have forgotten 70% of what I studied. I am torn in terms of what I should focus on next. Should I do a second pass of the material, highlighting certain areas of the text, in order to refresh my memory or should I start taking questions using old exam material? Or any other option you guys suggest. Please let me know your thoughts.

Do more questions

Thanks.

i’ve been doing lots of questions recently, and keeping a running list of all the stuff i don’t do well on - after a few more days of questions, time to start working down that list. Figure i will then revisit EOC questions, go through schweser one more time, and then its basically time to be done… reading the sauce as i commute everyday, and its not too great IMO. I’m pretty unhappy with the schweez this time around.

i’ve been doing lots of questions recently, and keeping a running list of all the stuff i don’t do well on - after a few more days of questions, time to start working down that list. Figure i will then revisit EOC questions, go through schweser one more time, and then its basically time to be done… reading the sauce as i commute everyday, and its not too great IMO. I’m pretty unhappy with the schweez this time around. ************************************************************************** When you say "go through Schweser one more tim"e are you taking detailed notes, highlighting certain items or are you just reading the material? Its gotta be the last one because it takes some time to go through all those books? No??

WHen i go through schweser the last time, it will be a pretty quick go through it - more “skimming” the chapters - if there are examples within the chapters, i will be sure to do them. I will also redo all of their end-of-reading questions. The way i nailed L1 and L2 was by doing tons of questions - i feel that approach is less available this time because (1) its really damn hard to grade your own essays (2) the number of available essays is limited (3) schweser leaves out ALOT in qbank. Like, i still dont think i’ve come across a question that involves calculating unhedged and hedged returns, and i’ve done over 50% of qbank.

Even though I only covered 70% material (all the important topics). I have started practing questions as it provides more retention. For the rest 30% I will use schweser videos and more EOC questions