planning a trip to nyc

What shows? What if my friends have ADD?

I like plays - the heavier the better. “All My Sons” with John Lithgow looks good and “Equus” with Harry Potter looks good.

From experience. Sushi: Sushi of Gari Sushi Yasuda Steak: Peter Luger’s (if you don’t mind going to Brooklyn) I’ve never had another steak impress as much as Luger’s has. Then again, I don’t eat at steakhouses much. Although Wolfgang Puck’s near 34th and Park was similar. Italian: Babbo L’ Impero (haven’t actually gone here yet, heard many great things) American: Bobby Flay has a bunch around the city (Mesa Grill, Bar Americain) Union Sq. Cafe Have yet to find a really good Thai place in the city yet. Calle Ocho has good Latino fusion. Soba Nippon for Soba noodles. Donut Plant for donuts. Bann has great Korean BBQ (so does K-Town). Tao is where all the pretty people go, but not for the food.

Carl’s Cheesesteaks at 35th and 3rd has fantastic cheesesteakes if you like that type of thing. The fries are good too.

janedoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What shows? What if my friends have ADD? then they will come in handy around test time

> steakhouses much. Although Wolfgang Puck’s near > 34th and Park was similar. just to nitpick a little bit here Wolfgangs <> Wolfgang Pucks To the OP, dont come here in winter, especially if you dont care about the Xmas stuff agree to come in spring, much better weather (going out will be miserable around christmas) and not nearly as many tourists

I had my parents for Xmas a few years ago and they loved it. There is a different spirit here for the Holidays… If you don’t care about Xmas then I would recommend April or May. Places I recommend: - Jean Georges for a unique experience, comes with the $$$ - Sushi Mambo on Bleecker Street, I have been living there for a year and ordered up to 5 times a week, un-be-atable sushis and rolls for the price and very friendly place - Fairways Cafe for the brunch, it’s above the supermarket and they serve the freshest ingredients - Island Burgers on 9th avenue and 51st…you have to be hungry, best burgers in town - Calle Ocho for drinks and appetizers in the lounge, the restaurant is overpriced - tons of nice French places that will not break your wallet and are pretty decent - many many other place depending on the location/style of food you are looking for Shoot me an email nicolargol at yahoo dot fr if you need additional info

Yeah, the holiday festive spirit is nice here up until New Years’. Then it’s a cold desert from Jan to about mid April. Definitely don’t want to come then. Desert is relatively speaking… if you have money, there are still restaurants and plays and museums, but what’s nice about spring summer and fall is that there are lots of free/inexpensive things that are fun to do just walking around.

janedoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nightlife is definitely important! Bottle service at Cain.

If you want to stay in NYC for a steak go to KEENS…2nd best behind Lugers IMO

^ and Ted “THEODORE” Logan. Together we are… WYLD STALLIONS!!! best line of that movie is when the cop is interviewing sigmund freud and says… “why do you keep claiming to be Sigmund Freud!” Sigmun Freud- “Why do you keep claiming me NOT to be Sigmund Freud?” Cop- gets frustrated…“arrrrgh!” Sigmund Freud- (leans in and says)…“tell me about your mother”

Sushi: Ushiwakamaru- Highly reccomend this one. My Japanese girlfriend always wants to go here! Sushi of Gari - good sushi. Although I don’t think its quite as good as Ushiwakamaru. Clubs: Mansion Pink Elephant

Restaurants: Little Owl Dovetail Gramercy Tavern Nightlife: Milk & Honey The Back Room Hiro Radegast Hall & Biergarten (fun for daytime drinking with a group) (Williamsburg) Arlo & Esme (can get really crowded during peak times)

Go to Harlem after 11 pm if you want to see gang fights. Would be fun:)

Sushi: Nobu, Blue Ribbon, Yama. Definitely invest in a Zagats…the restaurant selection is bottomless. Dim Sum in China Town is tasty, but choose carefully (both venue and menu items)

I do have the Xmas spirit and would probably like all the festivities around but I am not as interested in touring them as much as just relaxing and partying it up. Maybe I should go to Miami (currently plane tickets there are so much more expensive, surprising). Looks like AF people knows their food.