Planning to answer questions in order?

What’s your strategy? I’ve heard from many successful level 3 takers that tackling IPS questions at the very end might be the best strategy. Thoughts? Plans?

Depends on your strengths and weaknesses.

Personally I think the IPS is very time-consuming especially for the calculations piece so I may tackle institutionals first and work my way around to it. Only problem is if you tackle the first one which you think is your strength and you get stumped…well, that’s kind of a confidence killer somewhat.

Focus on the strengths. I would do the ones where I can consistently score 70+, then move on to 50+, then if I have time, do the 50-.

I honestly do it in order every time. I move on if I get stuck and come back to it. Many advise against this strategy but it’s been working well for me on past exams.

I usually am finishing with about 5-10 minutes remaining…Ish.

do the damn thing in book order.

If you follow the test-taking methods *exactly* as prescribed by Schweser, you should be fine.

#goodluck

I’d advise to do it in order rather than wasting time trying to sort out which is easy and which isn’t. If you seem stumped by a question, just fold the corner of the page in which you’re supposed to answer it and move on to the next question, rather than getting hung up on it. The time you spend thinking about the answer could be better spent on other questions which you might know.

Agreed, discipline is important, you don’t want to be scrambling to figure out which topic is the easiest then when you open it, you see a weird question and you start panicking.

Always in order. Or you end up wasting time deciding which question to try first, then second and so on.