Please advice... shud I take more tests or shud I revise the material.. esp FSA???

A 59% on the Schweser book 6 test 1 morning session in 3 hours… could not read around 10-12 questions coz ran outta time… I never knew I was sooo sad at all this… Have spent close to 500 hours in the preps… done almost 50% of Q bank, did all the possible revision of questions… studied CFAI and Schweser textbooks from word to word… countless revisions…! All this coupled with the fact that I am half way through an MBA in Finance! Have scored 99.97%ile in a very reputed MBA entrance exam in quant! Donno but since I can’t screech (I soo soo do want to) … m venting all my frustrations on this forum… Maybe someday CFAI will stop misrepresenting that 250 hours is the minimum needed time for this test… It sure is more than that! OR maybe I’m plain simple dumb!!! (for the background, my scores on Schweser Pro have been around 60 in the beginning and have advanced close to 68 recently)

“Maybe someday CFAI will stop misrepresenting that 250 hours is the minimum needed time for this test… It sure is more than that! OR maybe I’m plain simple dumb!!!” I feel ya bud. I’m in the mid 50s on Schweser book 7 Exams. CFAI practice exam was 50s too. I graduated with a finance degree 2 years ago with honors, hold my Series 7, and work in the industry; hence alot of the material is not foreign to me. I too have put in nearly 400 hours. Or maybe I’m just dumb too.

Dont keep cursing yourself KJH… until we clear this exam, it is going to be equally tough for most of us… imagine - i have zero finance bg… the difference is that you have done a lot of papers and I (and many others) havent tested themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

Anupamjain008, I can’t give you firm advice but I can tell you that my scores on the Schweser material varied between 63% and 75% last June. I took some 10+ exams during the final week: I took a few days off and did nothing but take 2 x 120 Q each day, right up and until the day before exam day, so on exam day it was “just two more tests” and was I relieved when that week was over! On exam day I brought my own lunch too, so I wouldn’t eat anything that would make me sleepy in the afternoon (it is gruelling as it is). You might want to practice exam taking skill - it’s a skill in its own right. Oh, and for the record, I took those on-line exams Schweser sold back then, and scored lower than 70% but still kept an average test score compared to others. On the books included with the basic study material I scored better than the average test taker. I passed the Level I (am aiming for Level II but not until next year).

Thanks MehdiOchre… that certainly sounds reassuring… I’ll surely consider this advice. :slight_smile:

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Maybe someday CFAI will stop misrepresenting that > 250 hours is the minimum needed time for this > test… It sure is more than that! OR maybe I’m > plain simple dumb!!!” > > I feel ya bud. I’m in the mid 50s on Schweser > book 7 Exams. CFAI practice exam was 50s too. I > graduated with a finance degree 2 years ago with > honors, hold my Series 7, and work in the > industry; hence alot of the material is not > foreign to me. I too have put in nearly 400 > hours. Or maybe I’m just dumb too. not dumb, this is just a hard test. 36% pass rate. tougher than CPA and Series 7 and CAIA – combined!

The harder it is the more prestigious it is and which is why we are all going after it. Good luck! Hopefully it will be all worth it.