Please Help calculating MWR with HP calculator

Hello, I am really struggling calculating IRR with HP calculator, Anyone could show me how to get MWR using HP calculator for the following? 1400000= 900000 x (1+ r) ^1 + 50000 x (1+r)^0.5 Thanks,

-1,400,000 then do: g CF0 +900,000 then do g CFj :all cash flows, just like that Then enter interest rate as a number: 10%, enter 10 If they give you a series of CH’s, all same amount (say from year 4-12, 9 imes), you can enter the first CF as before, then enter 9, followed by g, Nj. So now you have entered all 9 payments in one shot.

Dreary, In the example we dont know the rate (10%). how we only have those cash flows and valuations at the begining and end in order to calculate IRR

but we dont know the interest rate? Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > -1,400,000 then do: g CF0 > +900,000 then do g CFj > :all cash flows, just like that > > Then enter interest rate as a number: 10%, enter > 10 > > If they give you a series of CH’s, all same amount > (say from year 4-12, 9 imes), you can enter the > first CF as before, then enter 9, followed by g, > Nj. So now you have entered all 9 payments in one > shot.

I think you should do a google search on this.

you are trying to find the rate… you do not need to input rate just hit the button to find rate

1400000= 900000 x (1+ r) ^1 + 50000 x (1+r)^0.5 Yes, if you don’t have the rate then do: f (the f function), IRR Your above equation says NPV=0, and that would happen if IRR=30%. If you are trying to find the NPV, then after entering the rate do: f, NPV.

born2b, are you just changing calculators recently? This you must have done in L1.