Please update your new profile.

Are we sure it’s inaccurate?

LOL MattLikesAnal ysis

Now that was a quality 7000th post! ;-p

There’s no option for those who passed L3 but don’t have the charter…

Would Level III Candidate work in that case? If not, what do you suggest?

I think “CFA Charter Pending” is the acceptable terminology. Or you could say “Passed Level III”

“Passed Level III” is more flexible than “Charter Pending”. For instance, what if you had a CFA charter but stopped paying dues with no intention of resuming? In this case, you have passed L3 but don’t have a charter pending (despite what the CFA website might say). Then again, it’s sort of weird to have “Passed Level III” as its own category. I propose that we introduce the category of “CFA gone rogue” or something similar.

Good points, ohai… to be complete, I guess we’d need “Passed Level I” and “Passed Level 2” and “Pre-Level 1”, since people who have passed exams and haven’t registered are not allowed to call themselves candidates if they haven’t paid. We probably should add those categories, so as not to force posters in trouble with CFAI’s professional standards investigation people. An interesting question is what happens with old posts that were posted when we were L1 Candidates, but which newer people look back on and see us listed as L3 Candidates or Charterholders. We may have said something stupid when we were L1 candidates, but now our answers look more solid because we’re listed as Charterholders. I don’t really want to propose making the logic track our status when we post, but I can also see when this could get people into trouble. Anyone have ideas on that???

Updated my profile, heck yes. But I thought I had something like 700 or so posts on the old site - is anyone else missing points? It says I have a total of 2 posts, plus the article I wrote. :(((

SSF, thanks for updating your profile. You had 741 posts on the old system so I’ve added 741 AF points to your account.

Matt, you had 2,271 posts on the old forum system so I’ve added 2,271 AF points to your account.

I’ve added categories for Passed Level I, Passed Level II and Passed Level III. I think this covers most of the bases. We can always add categories down the road if the need arises but I would like to keep the list reasonably short until then.

Thanks for the update Chad! New site looks better and better every day as the stuff gets ironed out. Also, if no one’s mentioned it, I dig the credit ratings for members.

Why did I lose all my AF points all of a sudden?

Did you happen to change your email recently? I’ve had a couple other members email me with the same issue and it appears to be related to changing email addresses. The developers are working on a fix.

No, never changed my email. The same since day 1.

Mine are gone too. I went from third all time to 8! Same email.

I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad with AF point accumulation. It’s like getting level 100 in World of WarCraft. Initially, it seems great, but then you look back and realize… what… what have I done?

Oh look. My AF points disappeared also…

Very true. I will stand behind the fact that almost all of my posts are from the “level” forums. Therefore, I was actually trying to learn or help others do so. Actually, upon reading that it is still pretty nerdy.