PM

3 weeks to the exam, i have resolved not to touch Portfolio Management anymore. Too much to read and there is no certaininty of passing the section. Moreso, i spent countless hours studing PM for Level 1 but still got <50% in the section. I am certain i and not alone in this…

Probably not the most prudent strategy. Get the basics at least. There’s about a 100% chance PM is on the exam.

I’m going out for a smoke, somebody else please explain to him how ‘unimportant’ PM is.

not the section you want to skip, IMO. a lot of it is very, very doable. and you may want to learn modern portfolio theory now before you hit L3, if you plan on progressing through the program, since PM is over half of the level 3 exam.

leaving out PM thinking you would still pass L2 is like pursuing the CFA “in the letter but not in the spirit”. This is ‘the’ most important topic for L3

It’s like a medical student skipping anatomy…

review basics using Secret Sauce

ICAPM, Policy statement and TB

Alllevels might not be in the wrong here. He/she indicated that PM won’t be touched ANYMORE. It has not been completely blown off. While I agree that PM is an important section (and one where important incremental gains can be made on the candidate field), if it just isn’t going to stick then his/her time might be better spent in other area. Just strategy.

Dude. Keep reading it. It might not feel like it, but it’s sinking in. If you want to skip something, skip econ. or Time Series.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude. Keep reading it. It might not feel like it, > but it’s sinking in. If you want to skip > something, skip econ. or Time Series. I would love to skip those!!

I’m thinking about skipping Ethics. And FSA. And maybe Equity Valuation. But not PM, 'cause I’m SURE that will be on the exam.

Not a prudent decision IMO. That could be 3 whole item sets and you want to be sure to grab some of those points considering there could be some layups in there. Im sure everyone here heard about the Treynor Black fiasco…I wouldnt expect that type of stuff this year but you never know. Besides L3 is basically all PM. If you dont get the fundamentals down now your going to be toast next year if you pass of course.

Mr. Preston, Esq, I was joking.

The International portion of PM used to be in econ. I think they may bring a lot of that down and tie into International Econ, and effectively put more PM points up for grabs. Wouldn’t overlook.