Poll- AM time management

skipped a section of 2 questions ( i consider them skipped because i totally BS’d)

I finished AM with 15 minutes to spare. But I went back and checked my work and realized I had missed two sub-questions, Answered A,B, C but missed D. Filled those two out quickly and ended just in time. I could really have used like an hour to review and check my answers. For PM finished with 45 minutes to spare but stayed and checked and reviewed my answers.

1 – skipped fixed income and never got back to it. 18 points down the drain… no bueno. rest of AM went fairly well i think. in afternoon i comfortably used all the allotted time. i thought 2008 AM was much easier to time manage. any other retakers agree?

I “skipped” one (threw in a blind guess at 12:00pm). Time was definitely an issue…I really had to rush the last few problems. Hoping I didn’t miss anything, since the last few seemed relatively simple. The thing that bummed me out most is I thought I knew dollar duration / immunization like the back of my hand before the test, but sure enough, that’s the one that got me. Oh well. See you next year maybe.

0… finished all questions. Thought the PM was harder then the AM… lots of tricky questions.

finished 30 mins early…there were a lot of questions worth only 2-3 points that I didnt let waste a lot of time… We’ll see

band10x2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1 – skipped fixed income and never got back to > it. 18 points down the drain… no bueno. rest of > AM went fairly well i think. in afternoon i > comfortably used all the allotted time. > > i thought 2008 AM was much easier to time manage. > any other retakers agree? Is that Q6? I skipped Q6 and never got time to come back. Feel like sick walking out the AM exam. I bombed tax Q and left out Q6, that is 20% out of the door, then, for the remaining 80% I did write answers, if I get 75% correct (optimistic case), then I got a 60% in the AM. I feel that I can probably get 80% in the PM. Then, on average, i could get 70%. But in a not so optimistic case, if I get 67% correct on AM, then, overall AM is like 54%, and if I get 80% correct on PM, then, the overall score would be like 67%. Feel like that I screwed up on it. Feeling sick to think of having to do this again next year. Urr…

Finished with one second to spare. Had to rush the very last question and filled in an answer. Was never able to catch up time wise from the IPS quesitons. An extra 10 minutes would have been real nice.

Barely finished with seconds to spare… the bond (X,Y,Z) thing took me too long and I finally landed up guessing. Didn’t leave me enough time to fix a couple of mistakes in calculations I knew were wrong… oh well.

I got through but I’m certain I must have missed part of a question somewhere. I prepped for the essay format but didn’t account for all the flipping back and forth between lined pages, templates, the original question, the vignette, etc. I thought it was quite bizarre to have lined pages, then a template, then more lined pages.

I was hoping to come on here and see the majority of folks had serious AM time management problems and could not finish all the questions, like me. Effectively I left about 2.5 of them blank due to time constraints. That being said, it’s obvious others were more prepared and had a better understanding of the material given most here seem to have finished the AM (even if only barely). That’s the cold hard truth. Even though I felt PM was really easy and likely scored ~85%, that’s likely not going to be enough since everything here is relative. Tough test!

band10x2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1 – skipped fixed income and never got back to > it. 18 points down the drain… no bueno. rest of > AM went fairly well i think. in afternoon i > comfortably used all the allotted time. > > i thought 2008 AM was much easier to time manage. > any other retakers agree? same here—1

happyking02 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > band10x2 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 1 – skipped fixed income and never got back to > > it. 18 points down the drain… no bueno. rest > of > > AM went fairly well i think. in afternoon i > > comfortably used all the allotted time. > > > > i thought 2008 AM was much easier to time > manage. > > any other retakers agree? > > > Is that Q6? I skipped Q6 and never got time to > come back. > > Feel like sick walking out the AM exam. I bombed > tax Q and left out Q6, that is 20% out of the > door, then, for the remaining 80% I did write > answers, if I get 75% correct (optimistic case), > then I got a 60% in the AM. I feel that I can > probably get 80% in the PM. Then, on average, i > could get 70%. > > But in a not so optimistic case, if I get 67% > correct on AM, then, overall AM is like 54%, and > if I get 80% correct on PM, then, the overall > score would be like 67%. > > Feel like that I screwed up on it. Feeling sick to > think of having to do this again next year. Urr… Yeah, this was Q6. Same thing for me on the tax Q. But I think Q6 was worth 18 points and tax was worth 8 points. So that’s 26/180 = only 14%. May improve our chances a little bit… The way I was thinking about it was even if I missed 40 total points on AM, that’s still 77%. Can miss 54 points and still get 70%.

you can kind of tell the retakers from the n00bs. the veterans knew to look for templates and tricks… the n00bs fell into the trap. not saying that i didn’t fall into a trap, but i knew where to look for them.