- finished all questions 1. skipped one set 2. skipped two sets 3. …
0 - with about 10 minutes to spare. In the afternoon I was out of there by 3:30 (so I either did fantastic or totally bombed it).
0 - Finished it all… With 15 minutes to spare… But god, I made dumb mistakes… I ABSOLUTELY KNOW the formula for standard deviation, but one reason or another, on exam day, my brain froze… I was just too much concentrated on finishing the exam instead of answering questions in a good way… I seriously think that they should have made it a bit shorter… That does not represent a real-life situation at all, unless you plan to become a trader… My 0.02$CAD…
0.5 missed a part question for 8 points. but there are also a number of questions in AM that I totally guessed and BSed. I liked PM better since it was not time constrained. even I had no clue for some question at the beginning, at least I had the time to really think it through and make an educated guess.
- I missed one part with 6 points. But so rush to write down the answer for the last few questions. I was like to write down the answer according to what I feel about question after I took a first look. Have like 1/3 got totally no clues. (like 2 loss aversion - got confuse, liability noise, etc) PM is ok, but it is definitely tricky than I expected. (like the binary credit option) I think this is the worst CFA exam I had even done.
0 - finished AM portion with 7-8 minutes to spare. Was running about 6-7 minutes behind by the end of the 2nd question (which were 60 points combined) - and kept on that pace until the 6-7th question where I think they asked a 8-14 point question and I caught some wind. Afternoon session - I can never spend 3 minutes per question - I finished with more than 60 minutes to spare - so I went back and changed some answers.
- Shouldn’t have gone numerically…was rushing through the last 3 questions at the 30 minute mark.
- pretty tough for time management but finished it with 5 minutes to spare to check some answers… Afternoon is cool with 1 hour to spare
Finished, but going like a madman the last hour…burned way too much time on fixed income stuff.
finished but yeah i wasted some time and had to rush at the end. I skipped the “how much should you “sell” from each account?” questions until the end and basically just chicken scratched a bunch of garbage Hopefully i come out on top!
- I kept Question-1 for the very end, and then had only 20 minutes left, so attempted part A B and C…but didnt get a return calc in time. Hope it doesnt come to bite me. All other 8 question, I did well, I think. Afternoon finished in time and could check a few Q back and correct.
1 but there were a few iffy ones where i was doubting
5 i had total failure in time management. i spent 2 hours to do the first 4 questions, until it was announced 1 hour left. then totally freaking out.
technically i left none blank since I wrote something for every single section… but realistically my answer for two of the sections was so pathetically awful that you could probably count it as being blank…you know its a hard question when you dont even know what to write to get partial credit…
0 - finished all - but only had about 5 minutes to spare. For the PM - left at 4:00 overall - it was fair but hard - hit a brain freeze early in the afternoon (vignette 3) but the rest of them went easier
0, but a few sub questions I skipped and didn’t have time to come back to (one guessed answer on bond X,Y,Z, but no explanation). 2010 morning certainly more time consuming than 2009 under test conditions.
boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > technically i left none blank since I wrote > something for every single section… but > realistically my answer for two of the sections > was so pathetically awful that you could probably > count it as being blank…you know its a hard > question when you dont even know what to write to > get partial credit… +1 this^