Poll: The Fed's Next Move

1. Lower Rates by 75 bps, citing downside risks 2. Lower Rates to 25 BPS citing inflation concerns 3. Lower Rates by 50 bps + announcing a more aggressive MBS repo program 4. ??? One thing that seems pretty clear right now - the market will be materially higher or lower by next Friday.

50bp. Book it.

Nope… they’re not buying crap morties or fiddling with rates anymore. They’re bidding directly on bubble houses.

Lower rates by about $4000/hr?

what no choice of 100??

Doesn’t today’s gold price rise portend a rate cut of at least 25/50 basis points. 75 suggests a panic don’t it? Not that it matters at this point. Willy

cut 50bps

Agree, 50 bps .

im voting 25

I vote kick out bush

I would vote for 50 but the markets will not care either way.

75 bps

I say 50. But I think we should wait until the day of or before the FOMC meeting. If anything has been learned in this market it’s that a lot can happen quickly

bump. 100

Halifax: Last I heard MS was calling 100 basis point cut. IMO this is a bit much.

I say 75 bps.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Halifax: > Last I heard MS was calling 100 basis point cut. > IMO this is a bit much. I totally agree. I’m just saying they will. Last week the talk was 75 with the crazy chatter being 100; now it is 100 with the crazy chatter being 125

100 bp

After seeing them move the Discount Rate on a Sunday, I’m guessing 100 bps is the most likely scenario today.