Poll: What will be the next catalyst?

SO - we still have a lot left to unclog in the credit and equity markets. Let’s pretend we move ahead from this, and YES WE WILL… eventually. But, I would like to ask the board what you think the next catalyst for economic growth in the US will be? i.e., after the tech .com boom, real estate and excessive credit was the catalyst. What can possibly be the next catalyst? (for the record, I don’t consider health care a catalyst type of industry. It needs to be bigger, and have potential to bubble up). BB

Our lord Jesus Christ.

Green industries could be a catalyst. Since green industries; everthing from solar power to sex toys with eco friendly batteries are so new and carry intangible benefits they have the danger of not having as much scrutiny placed on their financial statements. Overly exuberant government backing of these industries has the potential to reinforce risk of poor forecasting or models with absurd assumptions.

alternative energy. much for the same reasons edmund listed above.

But if oil gets cheap again, say $50 p/ barrell for a sustained period. If a slowdown means slower growth and hence pollution, is this still a catalyst? My reading is that the green revolution cycles every 20 years, then goes away, then comes back… kinda like the Democrats.

Canned food, guns and ammo.

healthcare services landscape will morph like ways you never imagined

So help us imagine it.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Our lord Jesus Christ. Two men meet in a field (Revelation) . . .

PSEG… it’s electric!

edmund_lord Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Green industries could be a catalyst. Since green > industries; everthing from solar power to sex toys > with eco friendly batteries are so new and carry > intangible benefits they have the danger of not > having as much scrutiny placed on their financial > statements. Overly exuberant government backing > of these industries has the potential to reinforce > risk of poor forecasting or models with absurd > assumptions. LOL @ eco-friendly sex toys… I actually laughed and people from the office think I’m crazy

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So help us imagine it. i would postulate that MCOS will wrap up some PBMs under their wings.

BosyBillups Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SO - we still have a lot left to unclog in the > credit and equity markets. Let’s pretend we move > ahead from this, and YES WE WILL… eventually. > But, I would like to ask the board what you think > the next catalyst for economic growth in the US > will be? > > i.e., after the tech .com boom, real estate and > excessive credit was the catalyst. > > What can possibly be the next catalyst? > > (for the record, I don’t consider health care a > catalyst type of industry. It needs to be bigger, > and have potential to bubble up). > > BB I’m not saying that it will be health care, but I need to disagree with you about the size of it. Health care is the largest, and fastest growing sector of the economy.

Generic Prozac makers should have good earnings expectations now…

Agree, Alternative Energy. Its not just about the oil price, its environmental friendly, global warming and didn’t Obama promise to have 25% total energy from alternative by 2020? After all, Oil will NEVER go down to $50! Growth from China and India will contribute the demand, plus dollar is likely get weaker after all this.

dcallocchia0322 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > edmund_lord Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Green industries could be a catalyst. Since > green > > industries; everthing from solar power to sex > toys > > with eco friendly batteries are so new and > carry > > intangible benefits they have the danger of not > > having as much scrutiny placed on their > financial > > statements. Overly exuberant government > backing > > of these industries has the potential to > reinforce > > risk of poor forecasting or models with absurd > > assumptions. > > > LOL @ eco-friendly sex toys… I actually laughed > and people from the office think I’m crazy “I still wack-off manually.”

Good for you for making that sacrifice to reduce your carbon footprint pinkman.

food

I’m going with food, too.

> > > I’m not saying that it will be health care, but I > need to disagree with you about the size of it. > Health care is the largest, and fastest growing > sector of the economy. it will be h care. 1/6 GDP or 2T. tons of inefficiencies. no one has medicare/medicaid fixed. generic drug utilization climbing, mail order, specialty pharma, disease mgmt, oncology boom. you name it.