Poll: you get your first finance job from school career service or job board/headhunter?

i think Danteshek has given some prudent advice here (which will probably be underutilized, but still…)

got my first finance related job through my school while in school (internship/contract placement). choice of univ actually helped because of reputation.

I got a job at stratton oakmont. Just showed up at their door with eagerness and enthusiasm

I got a crappy BO job through school. Aside from a few Ibanking jobs, FO jobs were not available so I called an alumn and said, “Dude.” He understood, which eventually landed the job I wanted, over a year later. During that time, I kept in touch, networking futher through him with tenacity and patience while doing random projects, getting my series 7, 63, CFA level I during my BO days., etc. My 2c, if you want a job, be as proactive as you can. Aside from campus recruiting, find an alumn and network. People like to hire people they know.

Just starting my first finance Job as a research analyst at a buy side firm. Got it thru an internship with the same company thru my undergrad school

Campus recruiting. I would think that you’d be at a significant disadvantage to a company if you used a recruiter (since the company then has to pay that person their finder’s fee).