Pooled/Paired T, Chi Squared and F-Tests - what do we actually need to know?

Hey guys, I’m a little confused on exactly what needs to be known regarding these two tests. I did a quick search but didn’t come up with much. The LOS says this: h. identify the appropriate test statistic and interpret the results for a hypothesis test concerning the mean difference of two normally distributed populations (paired comparisons test); i. identify the appropriate test statistic and interpret the results for a hypothesis test concerning 1) the variance of a normally distributed population, and 2) the equality of the variances of two normally distributed populations based on two independent random samples; The indentification of appropriate test stat is pretty self explanatory. But how far do we need to go in the “interpratation”? Know how to compute test stat? Refer to the Tables to determine Critical Values? Thanks!

Elan offers a free 7 day trial when you register with them… one of the videos they offer in the 7 day trial is hypothesis testing… they tell you exactly what you need to know and what you don’t… check it out…