Poor is the new rich

I need to find me an indepent partner job ASAP: -On Valentine’s Day, my gf bought a bunch of hors d’oerves wholesale from Trader Joe’s for dinner and we made homemade Sangria. -Our couches have been shot to sh!t but instead of buying new ones she bought some nice fabric and sewed new slip covers for the cushions instead. -I am down to 3 good suits, one of which has a faded crotch and another which is about a size too big for me but I don’t want to shell out for an alteration. -If I need to print something I wait to do it in the office so I don’t wear down the f#@@!$ing expensive ink cartridge at home. -I reuse bowls, utensils, and cups so I don’t have to run the dishwasher as much and buy new detergent. -We bought a vat of liquid soap from Chinatown to refill our soap containers when they run out instead of buying new ones at the drugstore.

• I haven’t bought new clothes in about 5 years, seriously. - JohnThainsLimoDriver is the new JohnThain. Anyways, I like your posts JTLD, keep them up! I hope you don’t get banned.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,806130,806181#msg-806181 This is an excellent related post.

faded crotch…lol

pacmandefense Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > faded crotch…lol so only the crotch part is faded?.. was that to imply you had the pair of pants for too long or was it to imply you scratch there too much?

You know what they say about guys with faded crotch suits…

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You know what they say about guys with faded > crotch suits… yea, they are leg crossers…

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You know what they say about guys with faded > crotch suits… they have crabs, lolz

I don’t wear underwear so my crotch doesn’t fade… but it develops annoying pee stains that at first I didn’t notice but apparently everybody else has been noticing and talking about it behind my back.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You know what they say about guys with faded > crotch suits… cuz they lay more pipe then plumbers?

I would be interested to hear how you see it, but I have noticed a distinct deterioration in how people dress. The shopping streets and malls I frequent are still packed with people, but their clothes seem to get shabbier by the day. The occasional banker sticks out like a sore thumb and I almost feel some relief at the sight of a “normally” dressed business person. My feeling is, you are by no means an exemption, LimoDriver, quite the contrary. If you look for a promotion or an entirely new job, I would recommend following this example. Charlie Chaplin made a big career with his third rate outfit, but will you?

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t wear underwear so my crotch doesn’t > fade… but it develops annoying pee stains that > at first I didn’t notice but apparently everybody > else has been noticing and talking about it behind > my back. *awesome*