Portfolio Manager at a Bank

I was just offered a portfolio manager position for a large bank. Sounds like it’s a lot of administrative tasks. Does anybody have any experience in this position? How did you like it?

dooch

What will be your job responsibilities? What kind of portfolio are you going to manage? (Active, passive, Pure Alpha, Equity, FI etc)? what sector/fund? jcole21 is right though

Hey jcole, is the 21 in your handle for your age or your IQ?

May we have a job description pls? I have exp.

You can tell this is a junior PM job because otherwise he would know enough to be more specific.

Also, is this PM job at a IM shop owned by a bank (you would be running clients’ money via MFs, separate accounts, etc.) or are you running bank assets?

samnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can tell this is a junior PM job This is as oxymoronic as a senior assistant title.

I can’t tell much from your question. From your post, my hunch is that it is probably an FAd job with a glorified title.

CFA500 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was just offered a portfolio manager position > for a large bank. Sounds like it’s a lot of > administrative tasks. Does anybody have any > experience in this position? How did you like it? Sounds like a good position. Take it, you can always hire an assistant later to take care of the administrative tasks while you focus on the brain stuff.

this is not a PM role in investment management. if so, this person would not be posting on this forum asking this sort of question. This is a role managing the credit cards, loans, etc for a bank. track the default or overdue payments etc. if i’m wrong, than this person got very lucky.

If you are talking about managing a LOAN portfolio…