Portfolio Strategy Course... ideas?

hey AFers. I’m thinking of putting together a 1/2 day (later, perhaps 1 day) investment strategy course, possibly geven through NYSSA as a career development option. The idea is that CFA studies often tell you a lot about the HOW behind investing, but not a lot about the WHY and the “how to spot opportunities,” or how to structure ideas in trades and portfolios. I’m trying to gauge a few things: 1) Who might be interested in a course like this (I might also try to do this via webcast or streaming download, but first I gotta get the material together). 2) What topics or kinds of things would you be interested in my putting into a course like this, if I were to do it? i.e. currency? fixed income strategy? equity index? emerging markets? etc.? (Obviously each topic can go into substantial depth on its own). I’m not sure how long it would take me to prepare good material, but I want to start mapping it out and planning for sometime in the fall if I can.

who would u get to teach this chadwick?

I think I might be able to come up with someone who can teach…

1. Who might be interested in a course like this (I might also try to do this via webcast or streaming download, but first I gotta get the material together). Portfolio managers/traders/structurers/students/product managers 2) What topics or kinds of things would you be interested in my putting into a course like this, if I were to do it? i.e. currency? fixed income strategy? equity index? emerging markets? etc.? (Obviously each topic can go into substantial depth on its own). All the above and commodities and volatility too… If you were going to do it, you should approach a current provider of courses and see if you can leverage their resources (BPP/City Finance etc etc)

@Chadwick- Put me down as an “interested”. I went to the distressed debt seminar given through NYSSA last week and it was great. As far as topics, I’m partial to: -Anything value investing oriented -Any kind of arbitrage, hearing from people who’ve *done* it. There’s an enormous amount of academic material out there re: arbitrage, but I don’t meet lots of people in-industry who are involved in currency arbitrage, intra-capital structure arbitrage, merger arbitrage, etc. If you got the principals of MERFX in to give an hour or two chat on the practical side of arb investing, I’d be very interested to hear them talk.