Positions that get your foot in the door

I currenty work in technology and would like to make a change to Finance. I have a dual degree in Finance and MIS. I am currently sitting for the CFA Level 1 (for my own gratification). It’s my understanding that from reading several of the threads that an MBA from a top school is the best way to go to break into the Finance world, IB in particular. I don’t have any issues there as I plan on pursuing an MBA anyway, however, what positions are roles can I pursue now that will assist in getting some good experience and hopefully assist with the job search after MBA? I am particulary interested in Corp Finance and possible Buy-Side Analyst. I like the idea of working as an IB associate, but I like golf too much and feel as if I wouldn’t have the time with that career path. Maybe the same holds true for Corp Finance as well. Not sure. Thanks, Michael

I tried a position that got my foot in the door, but once I was in it, we couldn’t reach the kamasutra book to turn the page and see the next step.

LOL - Hilarious. Maybe the title should be changed. But on a serious note can any suggestions… That was hilarious though

MBA for sure. start the GMAT after level 1, dude.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I tried a position that got my foot in the door, > but once I was in it, we couldn’t reach the > kamasutra book to turn the page and see the next > step. that was really witty. “next step”